Senior Product Designer, Practice Management
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
You’ll work on Practice Management tools and services, whose purpose is to simplify complex medical billing processes at community cancer practices. You’ll be responsible for conducting user research with medical billers, patient financial counselors, and C-level administrators at some of the country’s largest cancer care providers. You’ll leverage what you learn to prototype new workflows, design smarter tools, and collaborate on thoughtful new service offerings. Ultimately, your work will help cancer centers optimize business operations and improve financial success in order to continue delivering cutting edge care to cancer patients. In addition, you’ll:
- Work on complex interaction and workflow design challenges
- Identify opportunities to create and implement consistent design patterns to optimize and scale workflows across the product
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, billing experts, and data scientists to design user-centered solutions as well as create quarterly product roadmaps
- Observe and collaborate on improvements to the service delivery arm of Practice Management, RCM (Revenue Cycle Management)
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a product that is key to Flatiron’s strategic goals and where a great user experience is a core differentiator. You will also learn about the intricacies of medical billing, deliver well-crafted solutions that not only solve today’s problems, but set the product up for long-term success .
Who You Are
You're a Product Designer with 5-8 years of experience designing complex, multi-step workflows in an applied product, user experience or interaction design role. Successful OncoEMR designers typically possess a generalist skillset, and have the ability to concisely explain complex problems and projects to audiences of all backgrounds in both written and verbal form.
- You have extensive knowledge of user-centered design practices and contemporary design tools, and know how best to apply both
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of business value, expressed user value, and technical feasibility
- You are experienced in independently conducting user research using a variety of different methodologies
- You value outcome over output and understand the role of an iterative design process to measure progress toward a desired outcome
- You thrive on collaboration and leading your partners through a shared design process that is structured around delivering high-value user experiences that meet our business goals
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research — all under one roof. Researchers, engineers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists, and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives — at home, at work, and everywhere in between. We offer:
- A supportive and growing design team, with whom we run weekly design critiques
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages, and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events, and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes and annual gym membership reimbursement
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.