Senior Product Designer, Practice Workflows For Value-Based Care
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
You’ll work on practice workflows to help oncology practices transition to value-based care. From designing new workflows to implementing usability enhancements, your work has the potential to improve patient outcomes and reduce the total cost of cancer care. Ultimately, your team will help cancer centers optimize clinical operations and reduce inefficiencies via technology and service solutions, so that they can continue delivering cutting edge care to cancer patients. In addition, you’ll:
- Be involved in every stage of the design process, from discovery user research to product scoping to feature implementation
- Observe and talk to doctors, nurses, c-level administrators and operations staff in order to consider and evaluate problems from multiple angles, identifying user needs
- Generate hypotheses and help frame solutions through both quantitative and qualitative user research methods
- Work within a cross-functional team to validate both low and hi-fidelity interaction design prototypes using feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Identify edge cases and display states to accurately show complex patient data
- Communicate your ideas through design presentations and workshops to create alignment on proposed solutions and next steps before moving into feature development
- Collaborate and partner with product managers, engineers, and clinical experts to shape quarterly roadmap work and objectives through strategic design input
- Contribute to our shared design system, and shape the future of our tool alongside other designers
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on products that are key to Flatiron’s strategic goals and where a great user experience is a core differentiator. You will work closely with oncologists, nurses, practice administrators, research coordinators, data scientists, engineers, product managers, health informaticists, and of course other designers in a flexible environment, learn about the intricacies of the healthcare system, and deliver well-designed solutions that not only solve problems, but will change the way design is applied to healthcare products and processes.
Who You Are
You're a Product Designer with 5+ years of experience designing complex, multi-step workflows in an applied product, user experience or interaction design role. Successful designers typically possess a generalist skillset, and have the ability to concisely explain complex problems and projects to audiences of all backgrounds in both written and verbal form.
- You have extensive knowledge of user-centered design practices and contemporary design tools, and know how best to apply both
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of business value, expressed user value, and technical feasibility
- You are experienced in independently conducting user research using a variety of different methodologies
- You value outcome over output and understand the role of an iterative design process to measure progress toward a desired outcome. You thrive on collaboration and leading your partners through a shared design process that is structured around delivering high-value user experiences that meet our business goals
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research — all under one roof. Researchers, engineers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists, and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives — at home, at work, and everywhere in between. We offer:
- A supportive and growing design team, with whom we run weekly design critiques
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages, and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events, and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes and annual gym membership reimbursement