Senior Product Designer, Provider
Our team is looking for experienced designers who are excited by the idea of designing to actually improve lives. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing and executing a design vision for an integral part of our electronic health record, OncoEMR. OncoEMR is used in cancer clinics across the country to both help run operations as well as provide the tools clinicians leverage to treat their patients.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with oncologists, nurses, practice administrators, research coordinators, data scientists, engineers, product managers, and of course other designers in a flexible environment, learn about the intricacies of the healthcare system, and deliver well-designed solutions that not only solve problems, but will change the way design is applied to healthcare products and processes.
- Generate hypotheses and validate product and design decisions using both qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Manage and execute a wide variety of interaction design projects, with a particular emphasis on accessibility
- Collaborate with teams across the company, such as product, engineering, clinical, and operations to help Flatiron hit its business objectives
- 3+ years experience in applied product, user experience, or interaction design
- Knowledge of user centered design practices and contemporary design tools, and how best to apply both
- Experience independently conducting research with external users
- Ability to concisely explain complex problems and projects to audiences of all backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Front-end development experience