We are looking for a product designer who is excited about designing software and services that can dramatically change the way cancer research is conducted by working within the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our RWE datasets are used by researchers at life science companies and academic institutions to answer some of the most important questions in cancer.
Our technology-first approach has allowed Flatiron Research to build RWE datasets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other available data set. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, the top 15 biopharma companies in oncology, and the FDA, all focused on using RWE to answer critical questions quickly and safely.
By joining our team, you will design holistic solutions and services that empower our teams to serve our clients more quickly and efficiently. The designer will accelerate our user research efforts to understand how internal touchpoints all work together and design product and service-based solutions that make it easier and faster to provide robust scientific evidence to our researchers by integrating analyses of user needs and building prototypes that communicate these ideas clearly to stakeholders.
- Identify areas of improvement to standardize and accelerate workflows for both technical and non-technical users and de-risk tooling and process changes, through scoped, objective, outcome oriented user testing and research
- Lead problem-solving discussions with internal stakeholders (e.g., Life Sciences Partnerships, Research Oncology, Product, Engineering, and Quantitative Sciences) to ensure that all necessary inputs are considered and the team collectively makes clinically and scientifically sound decisions
- Help design simple, effective, minimum-viable interventions for those problems, in both tooling and processes
- Prior experience in service design, applied product design, user experience design, or interaction design
- Strong knowledge and experience of service design methodologies, such as service blueprinting, journey mapping, information flow mapping, and service prototyping
- The ability to design at various levels of zoom, from interactions and touch-points to products and services to end-to-end journeys
- A systems-oriented mindset, with an appetite to dig into complex design challenges by leveraging quantitative and qualitative research
- Excellent communication skills and prior experience working with executive stakeholders
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research — all under one roof. Researchers, engineers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists, and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives — at home, at work, and everywhere in between. We offer:
- A supportive and growing design team, with whom we run weekly design critiques
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages, and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events, and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes and annual gym membership reimbursement
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.