Bread, a division of Alliance Data, is a technology-driven payments company that partners with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Bread integrates directly with merchants on their eCommerce site and gives them a single platform that lets them offer more ways to pay over time. Bread’s full-funnel recommendation engine serves up the right options at the right time, empowering merchants to sell more, improve conversion, and lift average-order value. To learn more, please visit breadpayments.com.
We’re hiring a Senior Product Designer for our Shop product team. You will help us build products that transform the way consumers pay for their purchases and help retailers grow their businesses. As a Senior Product Designer at Bread, you’ll launch features that generate measurable impact while also helping us level up our craft. For example, working closely with a cross-functional team to evolve our omnichannel application and checkout products to provide a more user-centric experience for consumers to better understand and use our financial products to checkout. You’ll be part of a close-knit Product and Design team that plays an important role in shaping the future of Bread. This role reports to the Senior Director of Design.
Your role at Bread:
- Be instrumental in improving the efficiency of the Product Design, and in ensuring your team maintains its high business impact
- Support the Senior Director of Design and other key stakeholders in driving the design direction for the Product
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability and delight into the user experience, as we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX
- Create exemplary prototypes and experiences, both alone and with other designers and key stakeholders, while balancing user needs, constraints of technology, brand values, and KPIs
- Provide your UX expertise and collaborate closely with our user researcher in discovering user pain points and problems, and solve them using all available UX methodologies and tools
- Apply critical thinking to problem solve through design, testing your assumptions and those of your team in order to push beyond the status quo.
- 4-5+ years of product design experience
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates your end-to-end process and how you used research, data and a design thinking approach to solve problems and uncover opportunities
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to represent the voice of our customers
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product management and engineering to develop and implement effective design practices
- An appetite for experimentation, learning, and iteration with a data-centric approach to testing ideas
- Extensive knowledge of design-related tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, etc.
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a customer-centric POV
- Are self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working on both B2B and B2C products
Nice to have:
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or a related discipline
- Financial services and/or payment services experience
- Leading, coaching, and/or mentoring of other designers