Senior Product Designer (UX)
With our unique and beautiful designs, Paperless Post helps connect friends and family for some of their most important life moments. We have a dedicated and growing user base (100 million and counting!) that knows and loves our product. Because we aren't supported by ad revenue, we get to spend our days focused on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
Our Product Designers come from diverse backgrounds that helps foster rich creative conversations. Our lunch topics range from discussions of who the Beyoncé of UI is to the future of the browser. Every week we put aside time for the whole team to come together and share knowledge and get feedback so that no designer gets left behind. We also hold regular events and workshops to keep our eyes open to the world outside our windows.
Within your team you will lead the product development process through from concept to execution. To do this well you’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, data specialists, and your fellow designers. From this collaboration you’ll be exposed to new ideas and constraints that will help guide your process.
- Work across departments to gather data that will help you identify problem spaces.
- Conduct and work with user research to foster empathy with our customers and to better understand their needs.
- Prototype and design innovative solutions to the problems you’ve identified.
- Work with your cross-functional team (engineers, product managers, QA) to make sure everyone is as excited as you are about the solution.
- Create flows, diagrams, comps, wires, animations, specs, or whatever you need to best communicate your ideas.
- Present your ideas and solutions to your teammates and managers and be prepared to defend your decisions.
- Keep current on design trends and usability standards and participate in internal talks, hack days, and learning sessions.
- 3+ years experience in UX/product design.
- A strong and diverse portfolio, preferably in consumer-facing products.
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS.
- A strong command of contemporary design tools, including Sketch, Invision, FramerJS, Adobe CC, etc.
- Product research skills including heuristic evaluation, journey mapping, storyboarding, and persona development.
- Some experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing.
- Deep respect for design and brand systems and the ability to work within them.
- A strong product sense and a passion for building things that are both beautiful and functional.
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 70 million people connect in the real world last year. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply!