Senior Product Designer - Visual at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
We’re looking for visual-leaning Senior Product Designers who have a strong visual/brand design background and are comfortable working in the digital space. We’re hiring across a few teams such as Templates, Unfold and Video. You will be responsible for improving the current experience, while also developing new concepts to push the experience forward. You are experiment-minded, and quick to prototype concepts or ideas. You are able to consider a range of user goals in order to create an experience that aids a users comprehension of the entire Squarespace offering and empowers them to make confident and thoughtful decisions.
You will report to one of our Product Design leaders based on which product area might be the best fit.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Design concepts for the platform that are usable, beautiful, and marketable
- Use and understand the platform to identify new opportunities for delivering a better product for our customers
- Develop information architecture and build wireframes
- Design page layouts and interaction methodology
- Work with developers during build processes
- Collaborate with Marketing and Brand teams to ensure that efforts are mirrored
- 5+ years of experience
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, animation and a keen eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design and prototyping
- Proven ability putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and coming up with ideas that are relevant and enticing
- Knowledge of current trends in design and technology
- Graphic design skills and a portfolio showcasing web design work and beautiful comps that communicate large concepts
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.