Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in all aspects of product design and development, from research and ideation, through detailed design and testing, to implementation and learning. As a senior designer, you will be responsible for leading the design in a product area. You’ll help drive the roadmap, presenting and evaluating options, and crafting the approach. Within the team, you will be expected to mentor more junior team members.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Motivated by improving healthcare
- Passionate about working with a diverse group of co-workers, including designers, product managers, engineers, and executives
- Inspired by the craft of design, and the practices that ensure we are not only designing well, but designing the right thing
- An excellent communicator both verbally and visually
- Comfortable with having significant responsibilities for how our products work
- A life-long learner who enjoys doing the kind of work you’ve never done before
- Always ready to be an advocate for our users
Your day to day is…
- Designing and lead design efforts at all levels of fidelity including whiteboard and Miro sketches, wireframes, visual designs, and transition animations
- Developing the product vision and strategy in conjunction with the product manager on your team
- Delivering simple and elegant flows that fit with the product
- Working closely with designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers
- Leading discussions about design choices
- Participating in design research
- Being an advocate for design thinking and being an ambassador for Zocdoc’s design culture
- Mentoring and potentially managing junior team members
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4+ years of Product Design experience
- BA/BS degree in Design(e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or a related field of equivalent practical experience
- Be both an excellent collaborator and autonomous -- you know how to communicate effectively with teammates at all levels and take ownership of every detail of your work
- Be a life-long learner with a growth mindset
- Have a portfolio that illustrates complex problem-solving ability, comprehension of fundamental development frameworks, and design skills; specifically, ideation sketches, flow maps, wireframes, web and/or mobile app product designs, visual design projects or website builds
- Have experience leading and/or owning the design of specific products or projects
- Work collaboratively with other designers, co-located developers, and product managers
- Deliver designs using an evolving existing front-end style guide
- Take initiative to learn about, from, and advocate for the user
- Have both eye for details and ability to see the big picture
- Be a life-long learner
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care option for employees
- Catered Lunch everyday along with snacks (In Office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.