Senior Product Designer
We are looking for a brilliant product designer who is excited about designing software and services that can drastically improve cancer care. At Flatiron, you will have the opportunity to work closely with oncologists, nurses, practice administrators, data scientists, engineers, and product managers in a flexible and collaborative environment, learn about the intricacies of the healthcare system, and tackle one of the most complex challenges of our time.
Delivering high-quality cancer treatment is incredibly expensive for practices and patients, and a mistake can lead to severe financial toxicity for everyone involved. As part of Flatiron’s Practice Management initiative, your work will help community cancer practices optimize business operations and remain financially successful in the face of increasingly complicated financial and regulatory requirements and increased competition from large healthcare systems. To do this, you will design workflows and services to help practices efficiently manage incredibly complex tasks such as chemotherapy billing, patient insurance coordination, and patient assistance applications.
- Enable the Practice Management initiative to make the smartest product investments by identifying meaningful opportunities built on a deep understanding of our users and our business
- Design efficient workflows to manage incredibly complex operations such as revenue cycle management and chemotherapy billing
- Facilitate design thinking workshops involving cross-functional teams
- Validate product and design decisions using both qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Prior experience in applied product design, user experience design, or interaction design
- Expertise designing complex workflows involving multiple steps and users
- Ability to concisely explain complex problems and projects
- Experience facilitating design thinking workshops.
- Experience independently conducting user research
- Experience in an area relevant to Flatiron’s products: oncology, practice management, or clinical trials