Senior Product Designer at Tropic (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Tropic helps innovative companies save time and money by delivering unprecedented visibility and control over every dollar, every contract, and every supplier in one place. We're the spend management software, data, and services you can trust—we guarantee it. Tropic is procurement paradise, where your bottom line is our top priority.
We launched from stealth in 2020, raised $65 million in back-to-back Series A & B funding, grew 5X, were named a LinkedIn Top Startup, are building an incredible team and award-winning culture, and are managing over a billion dollars in spend for companies like DocuSign, Intercom, Notion, Plaid, & Greenhouse. Now is the perfect time to join. The best is yet to come! 🌴🚀
We are looking to hire someone based in New York, California, Texas, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey, Colorado, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Utah, Washington, Tennessee, or North Carolina for this position.
About the Role
The Tropic design team is looking for a Senior Product Design with experience solving problems for B2B SaaS products.
You will report to the Product Design Manager and partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders, product teammates, fellow designers, and engineers on our remote-first team.
We love systems, do our best to automate and document repeatable processes, and proactively collect and organize product feedback. We also encourage you to bring your creative ideas on how to improve our team as we scale.
What You'll Do
- Create intuitive design solutions for complex problems using any combination of process flows, wireframes, storyboards, documentation, visual mockups, and prototypes.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers throughout the product development process.
- Work with other designers on the team to contribute, expand, and document our growing design system.
- Partner with product managers to conduct and facilitate user research and validation.
- Use data and customer feedback from research to support various design and product decisions.
- Participate in design reviews to share and respectfully critique work with fellow designers.
- Articulate your design solutions to stakeholders, peers, and executives for review and feedback.
- Actively find ways to improve the Tropic platform and customer experience.
- Become an expert on all things Tropic and the procurement process.
What You’ve Done
- 6+ years of experience working as a product designer on B2B SaaS products.
- Are an expert in Figma, auto-layout, components, and variants.
- Experience reducing complex problems to scalable, easy-to-use, and understandable products.
- A strong appreciation for design principles, especially ones of simplicity and consistency.
- An understanding of front-end development and consider any technical restrictions when designing solutions.
- Are a highly effective communicator who can use a combination of Slack, Loom, and various documentation tools to communicate with teammates.
- An expert-level understanding of either UI or UX in relation to SaaS products.
- A desire to go outside your comfort zone to take on new challenges and ask hard questions.
Specific to pay transparency laws, the minimum annual salary for this position is $140,000 and may also include commission, incentive pay, incentive stock options, and benefits. The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
- Remote first work environment
- Optional offices in NYC, Atlanta, Austin, and Denver
- Virtual & in-person meetups
- 401k plan with 4% company matching
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents
- Unlimited flexible vacation and holiday time off
- 100% covered employee and family medical, dental & vision plans
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- Award-winning values and culture
Research suggests that 60% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If this applies to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer that supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.