Senior Product Designer
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
Stash is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing design team. As a Senior Product Designer, you will be a part of the entire product design lifecycle, from proposing initial concepts to shipping features at high quality. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will play a key role in delivering on the company mission and will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design, including research, testing, interaction design and visual design.
If you are someone who is passionate about design and building revolutionary products - this may be the perfect opportunity for youWhat you'll do:
- Design simple and intuitive product experiences
- Evaluate data from multiple sources, synthesize it, and develop design strategies according to best UX practices
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area
- Be open to giving and receiving design feedback
- Work with the engineering team to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Identify the needs of Stashers and improve on existing features
- 5+ years in a product design role at a B2C software company or an agency
- Strong background in mobile design, interaction design & design-centric product development
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Experience managing or mentoring a design team
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, organization, usability, and discoverability
- Strong visual communication skills with a keen eye for typography, layout, and color
- Ability to prototype designs and run user testing sessions
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills–you’ll be expected to be able to clearly communicate design decisions and keep track of all projects and documentation
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Portfolio featuring examples of design work
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.