Transfix is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Transfix was named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Company" in 2018.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Product Designer, you will act as a voice for our users and advocate for a user-focused design across all of our teams.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Take ownership of user research through surveys, stakeholder interviews, usability testing, and more
- Identify pain points and provide practical design solutions that align with company goals
- Develop necessary artifacts to convey, test and/or document design solutions
- Create requirement documentation to share and distribute amongst our teams
- Translate our analytics and metrics into meaningful questions and decisions
- Serve as a mentor for other members on the team
- 5+ years of experience at design-driven technology companies, startups or agencies
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, within a user-centered design process
- A deep appreciation for complex processes that involve multiple touch points and varied users portrayed through a portfolio of case-studies
- Strong leadership in multi-platform projects
- Demonstrated collaboration with engineering teams
- Familiarity with cross-functional lean UX and agile development environments
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment with a lot of moving parts
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.