Senior Product Designer at Transfix
About the role
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. We’ll expect you to identify pain points, generate ideas, help define requirements, and drive design initiatives in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You'll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Know and love our users – understand their pain points, synthesize their feedback, and above all, be their champions.
- Day to day work includes conducting user research, producing wireframes and user flows, prototyping at varying levels of fidelity, and validating concepts with end-users and stakeholders to turn insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables.
- Help develop and define Transfix’s design sensibilities, methodologies, and culture.
- Contribute to product team growth, vision, and strategy.
- 5+ years at design-driven technology companies, startups or agencies.
- You have a user-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you look to understand user needs in order to hone your design instincts, whether that be through user feedback or designing options for A/B tests to rapidly iterate and validate your hypotheses.
- You’re a masterful communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to work cross-functionally to involve product, engineering, and business stakeholders in the design process.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. You love to break down and simplify complex problems and you are confident to present to mixed audiences at different levels of the organization.
- You are motivated to dream up innovative, human-centered solutions for an industry that employees 3 million truck drivers and powers the domestic economy. You have a knack for inspiring others to see opportunities for innovation as well.
- You bias for action and own your products. If you’re blocked, you find creative solutions to get around the obstacle. Your work doesn’t end when a feature ships, but rather when it’s accomplished the objectives you defined before you ever got started.
- You have an online portfolio that showcases your work. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.