Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our team working on our members-only Mindset experience – supporting members shift their frame of mind for a successful wellness journey.
Our Product Design team is a close-knit group of 20+ practitioners, each focused on Product Design, Visual Design and Experience research. The team is distributed between our offices in New York City and San Francisco.
We're user-focused, believe deeply in user-centered design, and work in highly collaborative crews that include design-oriented engineers and user research minded product managers.
Our team is remarkably talented and growing fast, so this is an exciting time to join WW. The Health & Wellness space is growing exponentially and as a designer here, your work will have an immediate meaningful impact on the lives of our members across the globe.
Half the battle of losing weight is about being in the right frame of mind. It's not just about eating less and moving more. The Mindset team is focused on helping members learn new skills and techniques to help shift member mindset and gain greater self-awareness to make different choices, so they can achieve their goals and become happier and healthier.
You'll work to understand behaviors, motivations and goals associated with framing the right mindset for member's wellness journey. Applying these insights, you'll deliver innovative designs that contribute to high impact and high visibility initiatives.
- Your portfolio has some best-in-class work
- You're a generalist with a sweet spot, or a specialist looking to broaden your skills
- You focus on UI and UX, understand how to gather product requirements, incorporate user research, frame the problem, focus on the user and articulate a clear design direction
- You believe in craftsmanship and create elegant and compelling designs
- You're well versed in countless micro-interactions on mobile and web, and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better
- You can prototype fast, make last-minute tweaks between user studies, know how to be extremely polished as well as quick and dirty
- You are able to navigate between greenfield exploration and tactical, iterative designs
- You can analyze data, interviews, research and translate your insights into actionable layouts, prototypes, and final designs
- You have designed for both consumer and internal facing audiences
- You've shipped multiple products
- You can share several shining examples of real work you've shipped, and what you've learned along the way
- You've shipped something across several platforms and you know what translates from desktop to mobile and what doesn't, or why you'd opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android
- You know what details matter at each stage of a release cycle, and how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right
- You know how to manage process and product
- You develop strong relationships with product managers, developers, and other designers
- You substantially contribute to defining the 'what' as well as the 'how'
- You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs
- You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates
- You understand analytics and can think and talk about the company's bottom line
- You have a deep sense of the company's business model and what will move the needle
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.