Senior Product Designer
At Prolific Interactive, our driving focus is to “make it better,” to have a profound impact on everyday lives, shaping the world we live in. We do this by putting people first, relentlessly improving, and working together in collaborative, curious, empathetic teams. We believe in working with partners, not clients, in order to have the greatest impact on their organization and their customers’ experiences.
In order to deliver this impact, are seeking a Senior Product Designer in our Brooklyn location. As a Senior Product Designer at Prolific, you are a master of your craft and an inspirational leader of your team. You set the bar high for Design at Prolific, pushing your teammates to create the best work of their career. You enjoy leading the charge on process, tools, and execution on your projects; and you can design for any screen.
Responsibilities: Your Prolific Impact
- Dedicated to one product at a time, Senior Product Designers own the creative direction from beginning to end.
- Work on a small cross-functional team with UX Researchers, Engineers, Product Managers, and Growth Managers to solve problems big and small, through thorough research and prototyping.
- Help drive the larger product vision while executing down to the micro-interactions to build a killer product that meets business and user objectives.
- Lead the design for large projects while placing a strong emphasis on innovation and best in class design work
- Push the boundaries of your craft through relentless ideation and prototyping
- Be a leader of craft in the Design Department by exploring/optimizing new workflows, tools, and techniques, and working with the team to implement what works into our core process
- Mentor junior designers to help them grow and develop their skills
Your Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience as a senior designer, leading design teams to build mobile and web products at a startup or agency environment, with a stunning portfolio that speaks to your experience
- Mastery of the tools of the trade; including Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision, and at least one major prototyping tool such as Flinto & Principle
- Proven ability to enhance and integrate new workflows and techniques
- Experience leading design teams through complicated and uncertain situations
- Experience in mentoring designers
- Represent the design team in new business meetings by speaking to our process and capabilities
- Command over the written, oral, and visual presentation of your work
- A positive attitude and a collaborative spirit
- BONUS: Fluency in illustration, motion, code, 3D, VR, photography
Our Benefits and Rewards
Impactful work and collaborating with an inspiring group of people is what gets our Prolific employees (who we fondly refer to as P’s) excited to come to work every day. But we know there is more to life than our craft:
- We want all P’s to feel at home when they’re at work - we’ve got creature comforts like snacks and coffee, and actual creatures thanks to our dog-friendly offices.
- Prolific offers access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as transit benefits and a 401(k) plan with company matching with immediate vesting.
- We have a flexible vacation policy: take what you need, as long as it works for your team; plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, and a winter break leading up to the New Year.
- We are proud to offer 12 weeks of paid New Parent Leave for moms and dads.
- P’s participate in employee-led committees focusing on everything from party planning (bowling! picnic in the park!) to wellness (Kombucha brewing! fitness classes!).
- Our Employee Resource Groups, focused on Diversity and Inclusion, proactively create spaces for conversation and education regarding issues affecting women, people of color, and the LGBTQ community.
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we encourage individuals from such groups to apply.
Prolific Interactive is a mobile-focused product agency. Based in Brooklyn and San Francisco, our recent partners have included SoulCycle, Saks Fifth Avenue, Scotts Miracle Gro and American Express. We're a team of makers and breakers helping our partners solve their greatest challenges, and we're constantly looking for talented people to help us grow.