Senior Product Designer
At Prolific Interactive, our driving focus is “Let’s make it better”.
We’re an award-winning, mobile-focused product creation agency. We design and launch highly visible, innovative, real-world solutions for premier brands, and believe in working with partners - not clients - to help enhance their customers’ experiences. We are honored to be consistently recognized as industry leaders.
We want to have a profound impact on everyday lives, and shape the world we live in. We do this by putting people first, and by working in collaborative teams who value empathy and who are committed to relentlessly improving.
In order to deliver this impact, are seeking a Senior Product Designer in our Brooklyn location. As a Senior Product Designer at Prolific, you are a master of your craft and an inspirational leader of your team. You set the bar high for Design at Prolific, pushing your teammates to create the best work of their career. You enjoy leading the charge on process, tools, and execution on your projects; and you can design for any screen.
Your Responsibilities & Impact
- Dedicated to one product at a time, Senior Product Designers own the creative direction from beginning to end.
- Work on a small cross-functional team with UX Researchers, Engineers, Product Managers, and Growth Managers to solve problems big and small, through thorough research and prototyping.
- Help drive the larger product vision while executing down to the micro-interactions to build a killer product that meets business and user objectives.
- Lead the design for large projects while placing a strong emphasis on innovation and best in class design work
- Push the boundaries of your craft through relentless ideation and prototyping
- Be a leader of craft in the Design Department by exploring/optimizing new workflows, tools, and techniques, and working with the team to implement what works into our core process
- Mentor junior designers to help them grow and develop their skills
Your Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience as a senior designer, leading design teams to build mobile and web products at a startup or agency environment, with a stunning portfolio that speaks to your experience
- Mastery of the tools of the trade; including Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision, and at least one major prototyping tool such as Flinto & Principle
- Proven ability to enhance and integrate new workflows and techniques
- Experience leading design teams through complicated and uncertain situations
- Experience in mentoring designers
- Represent the design team in new business meetings by speaking to our process and capabilities
- Command over the written, oral, and visual presentation of your work
- A positive attitude and a collaborative spirit
- BONUS: Fluency in illustration, motion, code, 3D, VR, photography
Our Benefits & Rewards
We know that our employees will do their best and most impactful work if they are happy, healthy, and supported. We’re committed to ensuring all our employees are taken care of.
We do this by providing and promoting:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as 401(k) company matching and commuter benefits
- A healthy work life balance. Our Flexible Vacation Policy allows you to take what you need, as long as it works for your team. Plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, summer and winter breaks when the office is closed
- Voluntary life, accident and disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid new parents leave
- Creature comforts like snacks, games - and actual creatures thanks to dog-friendly offices
- Employee-led resource groups with a focus on diversity and inclusivity, enhancing and sustaining the wellbeing of women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals
- A committee dedicated to promoting health and wellness in the workplace through initiatives like fitness challenges, guided meditation, and kombucha brewing
- Opportunities to give back through company donations to charitable organizations
Prolific Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to a safe, welcoming, and truly inclusive environment for people of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, nationalities, ages, and religious beliefs.
Prolific Interactive was founded in 2009 and is based in New York City, San Francisco, and Durham. We’ve delivered mobile experiences for leading brands like Saks Fifth Avenue, The Wing, WeWork, American Express, Gap, Sephora, SoulCycle, TB12, and American Express through a strategy-driven, user-centric approach to creating products.