Senior Product Designer
Hinge is looking for a Senior Product Designer who will lead design initiatives from concept to execution. You’ll be focusing on understanding user problems and designing elegant solutions, including new features, as well as improving upon existing interfaces and interactions. The need for connection is a universal human constant, and modern dating presents a set of ever-evolving problems to consider. In an age of digital addiction, how can we design interfaces that better respect the lives and boundaries of our members?Challenges You'll Tackle
- How do we design experiences that bring out the best in our members?
- How do we design profiles and user interactions that as closely as possible replicate IRL connections, cultivate chemistry, and predict compatibility?
- How can we represent users from all walks of life in our visual language?
- How do we design a virtual space that cultivates optimism in our users, so that dating becomes a positive and rewarding experience?
- Work with product managers to emphasize with, and understand the needs of our members
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable, intuitive, and beautiful user interfaces
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform decision choices
- Generate concepts from sketches to wireframes to hi-fi mocks
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve and refine our visual language, ensuring visual cohesion across all user touchpoints
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- You have 5-7 yrs product design experience
- You have a strong online portfolio that demonstrates your thought and design process
- A refined aesthetic – with considerations to usability, simplicity, and consistency – and an ability to design to specific branding needs
- A strong command of contemporary design tools, including Sketch, Invision, FramerJS, Adobe CC, Flinto etc.
- Attention to detail, and an eye for great user experiences
- The ability to explore and test a breadth of approaches with a pen or prototype
- Experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Background in designing for mobile-first platforms — understanding best practices, design patterns, technical limitations
We believe the quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life. So when it comes to your most important relationship, it makes sense to take a more thoughtful approach. Hinge provides an alternative to swipe culture by creating smart matches and natural conversations among people who are on the same page. That’s why 75% of our first dates turn into second dates, and why we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the NYTimes Wedding section. Hinge is where the next generation is going when they’re over dating games and ready to find meaningful connections.Our Culture
- Open: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Candid: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly, in real time.
- Kind: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
- Bold: Proactively identify and pursue opportunity. Think big and don’t be afraid to take calculated risks.
- Discerning: Think and act using the appropriate combination of principles, common sense, data, and insight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.