Senior Product Designer
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a full-stack product designer who wants to build products that matter! This means someone who is passionate about partnering with Product Owners and Engineers to set the strategic vision, interaction design direction, and visual design polish and assets that make our products world class.
Be a great product squad partner
- Work as a partner in an autonomous, full-stack, product team.
- Work with software development teams to meet technical requirements.
- Lead design studios to facilitate a shared design process.
Be a great product designer
- Know and love our users, understand their pain points, listen to their feedback, walk in their shoes, be their champions.
- Collaborate with our research team.
- Effectively present to and discuss solutions with stakeholders.
- Design visually elegant interfaces that are easy to use across platforms.
Be a great design team partner
- Contribute to a cohesive user experience via the growth of our design system.
- Participate in design team reviews/critiques.
- Improve the designers around you as you improve yourself as well.
SUCCESSFUL SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- You have 3-6 years of experience as a full-stack user-experience designer.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Product Design, Interaction Design, or a related field (or equivalent proven field experience).
- You have a great online portfolio.
- You have experience defining patterns/style guides, performing user testing, and building low to high fidelity prototypes.
- You are proficient in Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, usertesting.com. Additional programs (Abstract and Principle) a plus.
- You understand how software is made and how to collaborate with developers.
- You have a passion for research and have facilitated user testing and studies/analysis of user feedback and behavior.
- You process quantitative as well as qualitative data alongside empathy as a driver to distill into innovative, user-centric solutions.
- You are a strategic design thinker.
- You are an excellent communicator.
Please provide supporting portfolio link or a PDF version of your cases studies.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.