Senior Product Designer at Eden
About Managed by Q
Managed by Q is the first tool designed for workplace teams. By managing their work in a single place, teams are able to keep track of their projects, be more productive, and create a better experience for their office. Managed by Q helps workplace teams minimize the chaos of running an office and maximize the impact they have on their company. Empowering the workplace team means a better day at work for everyone.
We are looking for talented Product Designers who are comfortable working within the entire spectrum of the design process. We believe in collaborating closely with our engineering and product management partners, forming small product teams to take on big challenges. The right candidate cares deeply about design but even more about shipping excellent product.
The Product Design role at Q is all but narrow and we invite people from a diverse background, broad skill set, and a wide variety of interests. You will have an outsized impact on our product and if successful, the way offices operate.
Come meet us at our next design event, Breakpoints.
What you’ll be doing
- Own the experience for a large part of our product and are comfortable leading the entire design process from start to finish.
- Talk to customers to figure out their behaviors and how our product fits into their lives.
- Lead whiteboard sessions with your product team, fellow designers, and stakeholders in account management, sales, etc. to gain a deep understanding of the user and business needs.
- Let constraints feed your creativity and explore a vast array of possible solutions in many shapes and forms: sketching, wireframing, prototyping, etc.
- Sweat the details of Typography, Iconography and overall visual design
- Team up with Brand to create a cohesive visual identity.
- Follow up on everything we ship to validate if we hit our desired outcome.
- Actively contribute to our design system.
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and elevating the design culture within the company.
What we value
- A portfolio (Simple, your best work, easy to navigate, etc.) with case studies explaining what you set out to do, what you did, and what the actual outcome was.
- You are always improving on your workflow, experimenting with new tools and technologies.
- You have established yourself as a product designer, designing complex systems and shipping product in a startup environment (3+ years).
- You understand the power of simplicity and are always driving to simplify systems.
- You have strong communication skills and extensive experience working with engineers and PM’s to effectively ship products.
- You don’t have to know how to write code (we love it if you do though), but you understand how it works and know it’s limitations.
- You leave your ego at the door. You know that building great product is a team effort.
Who you’ll be working with
A short selection:Vince Li - Director of Design
This role will be reporting into Vince. You will collaborate closely with Vince to make sure you hit your short and long-term goals. Vince used to run his own graphic design studio in Amsterdam before transitioning into product design. Since then he has worked for several startups and now heads both Brand and Product Design here at Q.Ashwini Purohit - Lead Product Designer
This role will collaborate closely with Ashwini to create a coherent experience across the product. No team is an island and Ashwini makes sure the experience is fluid for the user, no matter our team structure. Ashwini used to work at Microsoft, ZocDoc and Facebook, to name a few.Lily Piyathaisere - Lead Brand Designer
As a product designer at Q you will be shipping entire new feature sets. It’s important you make sure the language and visual identity merge well with the rest of the product but also our Brand. Lily has worked for Apple and Google and also designs her own jewelry line, which is just stunning.
You’ll start out with a call with Vince, our Director of Design so you can share what you’re looking for and learn more about the role. After that, you’ll come by the office to show us your portfolio and to meet everyone. We want to see the end results, but are mostly interested in how you solved problems, made your decisions, and collaborated as a team. For this role we do not require a design exercise, your previous work should do the talking.
- Competitive salary and flexible vacation policy.
- Generous Stock Options
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Cold brew and Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- A supportive, hardworking team, building something big