Senior Product Designer
Greater NYC Area
Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 85 employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
The Role & Responsibilities
Perch is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our team. This is an early-stage opportunity to join a company that is fundamentally transforming the way customers buy and sell their homes. The products you design will help homeowners with the biggest financial decision of their life: the purchase and sale of their home. If you want to play a key role in scaling a new, innovative business through design, this is the position for you.
As a company we believe that the only way to build a leading company in real estate is by building a brand that truly stands for something with a service that solves real customer pain points. We believe in and employ human-centered design in building products. Our home buying and selling services and products are tested from concept to design to copy with hundreds of real homeowners. Our visual identity was developed in partnership with Partners + Spade (Warby Parker, Sonos). We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our 4-person design team to take the momentum we’ve built and run with it, ensuring that Perch continues to build products that solve real customer problems and delight our customers.
In this role you will:
- Lead the design of new products and features that support our homeowner customers
- Translate complex ideas into meaningful, data-driven, user experiences based on in-depth research and testing
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other designers to define problems, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new features
- Understand the implicit connection between designing for consumer experiences that integrate with operational workflow tools
- Define and execute on big ideas that drive the team mission and goals forward
- Advocate for our users
- Proactively solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Perch
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years professional experience with end-to-end digital product design (research → wire → visual design)
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on consumer needs and research
- Deep empathy for our customers
- A strong understanding of interaction design concepts
- Experience designing native apps
- Comfortable defining success metrics and making data-driven design decisions
- The ability to clearly communicate and document your design decisions
- A concise and clear communicator who is recognized as a positive collaborator within functional and cross-functional teams
- Great sense of typography, layout, and general design principles.
- Meticulous, but able to iterate quickly
People describe you as:
- A self-starter
- A full-stack designer
- Having high standards
- Scrappy: able to come up with a solution that gets the job done today
- A great teammate
- Having a low ego
Read Full Job Description