Senior Product Designer at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
TpT is looking for a Product Designer to play a critical role in supporting the next chapter for the TpT for School Access product. For this role, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team focused to help take our product to the next level. You will help expand the core offering so that teachers and administrators can search, discover, and access the right resources to use in the classroom with their students.
Product Designers at TpT are passionate about creating the very best experiences for all our marketplace touchpoints. As a member of our product team, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from inception to build and beyond. You’ll work with other senior product designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and our research team, in executing on our product vision and direction. You’ll take on a range of design challenges and be expected to advocate for the clearest and most intuitive user experience that provides value to our users and impact to our business.
- Craft beautiful, engaging experiences that solve user and business problems and is loved by our community of teachers
- Communicate and facilitate decisions effectively using user research, workshops, persona narratives, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Contribute to TpT’s overall design culture
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role as a UX / UI or Product Designer
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower educators
- Be an energetic problem solver always in search of a better way
- Appreciate the gift of feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- A substantive job application that stands out, shows what you’ve built, and tells us who you are as a person
- Experience with Ed-Tech or Marketplaces
- Previous experience taking a new product to market
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother's Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.