Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in all aspects of product design and development, from research and ideation, through detailed design and testing, to implementation and learning. As a senior designer, you will be responsible for leading the design in a product area. You’ll help drive the roadmap, presenting and evaluating options, and crafting the approach.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Excited about user-research and thoughtful design as a way to solve complex problems
- Designer who thinks about the process from brainstorming to launch
- Humble, life-long learner, and have a growth mindset
Your day to day is…
- Design and lead design efforts at all levels of fidelity including whiteboard sketches, wireframes, visual designs, and transition animations.
- Develop the product vision and strategy in conjunction with the product manager on your team.
- Deliver simple and elegant user flows with larger experience and strategic concerns in mind.
- Work closely with designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers.
- Lead the discussion about design hypotheses and choices with your team.
- Participate in design research and lead research sessions.
- Be an advocate for design thinking and be an ambassador for Zocdoc’s design culture by promoting the role and its importance to the company and our vision.
- Mentor and potentially manage more junior members team members.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4+ years of Product Design experience
- BA/BS degree in Design(e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or a related field of equivalent practical experience
- Be both an excellent collaborator and autonomous -- you know how to communicate effectively with teammates at all levels and take ownership of every detail of your work
- Be a life-long learner with a growth mindset
- Have a portfolio that illustrates complex problem-solving ability, comprehension of fundamental development frameworks, and design skills; specifically, ideation sketches, flow maps, wireframes, web and/or mobile app product designs, visual design projects or website builds
- Have experience leading and/or owning the design of specific products or projects
- Work collaboratively with other designers, co-located developers, and product managers
- Deliver designs using an evolving existing front-end style guide
- Take initiative to learn about, from, and advocate for the user
- Have both eye for details and ability to see the big picture
- Be a life-long learner
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care for employees
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Of course, your healthcare experience probably isn’t perfect yet. But no matter what, we’ll continue to put the patient’s needs first. We simply believe there’s no better way to deliver the great healthcare experience we all deserve. We created Zocdoc to solve patient problems, beginning with online appointment-booking – and we haven’t stopped building since. With Zocdoc, you can see doctors’ open appointment times and book instantly online, make informed choices with verified reviews, and stay on top of important check ups with tailored reminders.