Senior Product Designer at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a Product Designer to create simple, elegant, and intuitive interactive interfaces for our core engagement products : large-scale, complex, and function-heavy product systems such as the Peloton web and mobile apps, the Peloton Bike, and the Peloton Tread.
This role is focused on visual interactive interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how Peloton’s engagement products “look” and “feel”. Core to this role is the creation of the final “pixel-perfect” UI that Peloton Members experience, and in creating UI in a visually systematic way that ensures a holistic, consistent experience across our products.
Outside exceptional UI and interaction design talent, success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated and managed, super organized, always open to feedback and critique, and extremely collaborative.
The Product Designer works directly with the Product Manager, UX Designer, engineers, and project manager on one of several Peloton Engagement teams and collaborates with the broader Product, UX, and Design team to deliver the Peloton experience.
Note: Along with your Resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Peloton’s Product UI styles, patterns, and standardized elements and interactions.
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute UI design in time with your team’s software roadmap.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the UX designer and Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion to enhance UI.
- Execute final, “pixel perfect” UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- Obsessively QA developed software for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
- Maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the wider Product UI Design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Prior Software UI/interaction design experiences at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- Top tier user interface and interaction design skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Focused and dedicated to how products “look” and “feel”.
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Deeply collaborative and iterative approach to product design, focused on ensuring a unified experience across the board.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- A strong understanding of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences.
- A keen knowledge of what is possible in modern Android, iOS, and web development and of design and interaction patterns and trends within each.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design and prototyping tools.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Designing for: native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; experiences arger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
- Working in an Agile Scrum Team structure.
- Building element-based UI design library and style guide.
- Creating iconography systems.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.