| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:23 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, August 29, 2020
Hinge is looking for a Senior Product Designer who will lead design initiatives from concept to execution. You’ll be focusing on understanding user problems and designing elegant solutions, including new features, as well as improving upon existing interfaces and interactions. The need for connection is a universal human constant, and modern dating presents a set of ever-evolving problems to consider. In an age of digital addiction, how can we design interfaces that better respect the lives and boundaries of our members?
Challenges You'll Tackle:
- How do we design experiences that bring out the best in our members?
- How do we design profiles and user interactions that as closely as possible replicate IRL connections, cultivate chemistry, and predict compatibility?
- How can we represent users from all walks of life in our visual language?
- How do we design a virtual space that cultivates optimism in our users, so that dating becomes a positive and rewarding experience?
- Work with product managers to emphasize with, and understand the needs of our members
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable, intuitive, and beautiful user interfaces
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform decision choices
- Generate concepts from sketches to wireframes to hi-fi mocks
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve and refine our visual language, ensuring visual cohesion across all user touchpoints
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- You have 5-7 yrs product design experience
- You have a strong online portfolio that demonstrates your thought and design process
- A refined aesthetic – with considerations to usability, simplicity, and consistency – and an ability to design to specific branding needs
- Strong interaction skills (animation abilities a huge plus)
- A strong command of contemporary design tools, including Sketch, Invision, FramerJS, Adobe CC, Flinto etc.
- Attention to detail, and an eye for great user experiences
- The ability to explore and test a breadth of approaches with a pen or prototype
- Experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Background in designing for mobile-first platforms — understanding best practices, design patterns, technical limitations
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description