Senior Product Designer at Brigit
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:04 a.m. (EST) on Monday, June 21, 2021
Hi, we're Brigit! A holistic financial health company helping every American build a brighter financial future. With a business model that is aligned with our customers, we create transparent, fair, and simple financial products that put money back in the hands of our members, help them spend wisely, and avoid unfair fees.
We are a team that thrives on collaborating and moving fast. It is important that we have an environment that is open, respectful, and supportive. While we all have our own preferences, personalities, objectives, and goals, we are one team that is building something great together. Our differences make us collectively better.
We are seeking a full-time, local senior product designer. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will work as part of a cross-functional product team and occasionally support marketing, PR, and operations.
What You Have
- Experience with mobile app and web design for consumer products.
- An innate ability to create user-centric designs by considering data, user feedback and research, product requirements, and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Experienced in creating new products and enhancing existing ones.
- Detail-oriented and obsessed with graphic design, grammar, and style.
- Ability to thrive with ambiguity and tight deadlines and work independently.
- Proven expertise in complex and sophisticated UX/UI Design problem solving.
- History of collaborating with product, engineering, customer service, and marketing teams to shape the product design.
- Embraces Brigit’s mission.
- Comfortable as a peer leader, including mentorship, skills development, and culture-building.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working with the entire product design lifecycle User research.
- Lead user interviews and run surveys, summarizing the results for the full product team.
- Participate in, and potentially lead, design sprints.
- Build out user flows and wireframes.
- Write copy that appears throughout the product.
- Translate UX into UI ensuring implementation feasibility.
- Define tracking events for future analysis.
- Create illustrations and graphics to be incorporated into the productBuild interactive prototypes.
- Test prototypes and designs with users and user analogues.
- Handoff to engineering.
- Quantitative product analysis with tools such as Amplitude.
- Maintain and expand on the design library and design system.
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional product team including planning, testing, and release activities.
- 5+ years of product design experience in a technology company
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- A top-notch design portfolio, demonstrating process, outcomes, and impact
- Expert with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator
We're backed by leading VC's, including DCM, Canaan Partners, NYCA, and a number of the world's most influential social impact investors. If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input at the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
-Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
-Day 1 benefit coverage for health, dental, and vision
-Offer competitive paid parental leave policy
-Dog friendly office
-Employee wellness initiatives
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description