We're Brigit, a financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only do we help people today, but also empower them to start saving for tomorrow and permanently transform their financial future. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, we're able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates. Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market and our future products will continue to empower and improve the lives of over 100M underserved Americans!
We are seeking a full-time, local senior product designer. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will work as part of a cross-functional product team and occasionally support marketing, PR, and operations.
Who you are:
- Experience with mobile app and web design for consumer products
- An innate ability to create user-centric designs by considering data, user feedback and research, product requirements, and technical constraints/opportunities
- Experienced in creating new products and enhancing existing ones
- Detail-oriented and obsessed with graphic design, grammar, and style
- Ability to thrive with ambiguity and tight deadlines and work independently
- Proven expertise in complex and sophisticated UX/UI Design problem solving
- History of collaborating with product, engineering, customer service, and marketing teams to shape the product design
- Comfortable as a peer leader, including mentorship, skills development, and culture-building
- Embraces Brigit’s mission
What you will be doing:
- Working with the entire product design lifecycle
- User research. Lead user interviews and run surveys, summarizing the results for the full product team.
- Participate in, and potentially lead, design sprints.
- Build out user flows and wireframes.
- Write copy that appears throughout the product
- Translate UX into UI ensuring implementation feasibility.
- Define tracking events for future analysis.
- Create illustrations and graphics to be incorporated into the product
- Build interactive prototypes.
- Test prototypes and designs with users and user analogues
- Handoff to engineering.
- Quantitative product analysis with tools such as Amplitude.
- Maintain and expand on the design library and design system.
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional product team including planning, testing, and release activities.
- 5+ years of product design experience in a technology company
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- A top-notch design portfolio, demonstrating process, outcomes, and impact
- Expert with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator
We're backed by leading VC's, including DCM, Canaan Partners, NYCA, and a number of the world's most influential social impact investors. If autonomy, ownership and having a meaningful say in the direction of the Company you work for is important to you, then come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
Day 1 benefit coverage for health, dental, and vision
Offer competitive paid parental leave policy
Dog friendly office
Employee wellness initiatives
Monthly phone/internet reimbursements
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description