Senior UX Designer
Group Nine Media is looking for an outstanding Senior UX Designer who is passionate about creating best-in-class digital products. You will collaborate with our team of Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to design and build amazing experiences.
We are a team of people from various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds who value professional development, and work/life balance. It’s our belief that our team and our work are both made better by our diversity. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
As a Senior UX Designer, you will help define the future of our Advertising and Data products across Group Nine Media. In this role, you will focus on creating unique and engaging products on behalf of our advertisers. You will also create products that leverage our data to give our content producers and advertisers powerful insights. Additionally, you will help design products for emerging platforms and technologies. You will be the consistent advocate for our users at the intersection of design, business goals, insights, and engineering. You must possess a clear vision for the future of user experiences and always advocate for the best possible solutions. Your work will impact our existing and future products. You should have deep knowledge of user-centered design principles and excel at research, motion and animation, and prototyping.
A full portfolio is required to apply. All applications without a portfolio will be rejected.
- Design best-in-class advertising and data products from ideation to completion
- Be an active participant in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, visual design, and user testing
- Make design choices based on user behavior, business goals, engineering capabilities, and empirical data
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team and provide mentorship for other designers
- Document and communicate user experience and interaction direction via detailed specifications, wireframes and prototype(s)
- Stay up to date with design trends, industry trends, and new software
- Promote innovative and comprehensive designs / concepts across diverse platforms and devices
- Have a minimum of five years of experience designing clean, intuitive, and innovative experiences (digital media and ad product experience a plus)
- Have proven leadership skills
- Have knowledge of current UX best practices and agile design processes
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and clearly explain complex interactions to different audiences - including senior tech and product leadership, sales and marketing stakeholders, and data scientists.
- Love conducting user research and usability testing, and turning the learnings into data that can drive product design decisions
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with opportunities to take on a few projects at the same time (?)
- Look for inspirations in all aspects of life and you are constantly looking for innovative ways to solve design problems.
- Must be a totally awesome human!
Are you interested but think that you might not qualify because you can’t check off every bullet point above? Apply anyway and let us know in your application if you have a related skill or quality that would make you successful in this role.
You can also learn more about our tech and product team in our blog. We’re looking forward to seeing your application!
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.