Senior UX Designer at Merrill Corporation
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Who We Are
We are the preeminent service provider for the largest, most high-profile mergers, acquisitions and IPO’s in the world. We are problem solvers, inventors and builders, as a member of the Merrill user experience team, you'll be a part of the exploration of the future. We are where science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code.
Our customers trust us and do business with us because we are serious about data security and passionate about empowering them with powerful solutions to achieve their desired deal outcomes in the shortest time frames with the best results possible. We are working to transform not only our business but our industry at large.
We're looking for a designer that can create world class user interfaces that visually amaze but are simple to use.
The Senior User Experience Designer will support project teams to create user-centered designs for Merrill’s flagship Capital Markets Business Process software platform with a primary emphasis on data visualizations and dashboards. The Senior User Experience Designer will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of complex digital applications in collaboration with teams of internal employees and external partners. Responsibilities include UX discovery research, information architecture, interaction design, rapid prototyping and validation through empirical evidence gathering using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies. As well as helping identify visual user interface requirements, creating guidelines and contributing to the design language system and pattern library. The Senior User Experience Designer will be responsible for both new product ideation and continuous improvement in all stages of the product life cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the latest design and research tools such as Sketch, InVision, Mural, Trello, Slack, Sketch Libraries, Craft, Appear.in, MindNode and Validately.
- Help us create our exciting new Design Language System for both web, mobile and data visualizations.
- Mobile (iOS and Android) along with responsive web experience.
- Expertise in handing off clean designs and specs to Developers.
- Convey visual design ideas in tangible forms like concepts and annotated comps.
- Apply visual language to the design of web interfaces and mobile applications for variety of devices with different screen sizes, aspect ratios and pixel densities.
- Mentoring, training and advising junior designers.
- Evangelizing Design Thinking throughout the Enterprise.
- Conduct user experience (UX) research using methods including but not limited to comparative analysis, interviews, user & task analysis, contextual inquiry. Deliverables will include personas, user scenarios, and other findings documentation.
- Responsible for information architecture and navigation design. Work with Product Managers and Engineers to develop and refine site maps and other conceptual and structural documentation deliverables. Evaluate information architecture designs via methods will include (but not be limited to) open and closed card sorts and tree testing.
- User interface (UI) design in both a lead and supporting role. Work will include leading design sessions, conducting participatory design workshops, drafting sketches, wireframes and limited functionality prototypes.
- Assist with usability testing and other evaluation methods for projects in all stages of the product life cycle. Methods will include, but not be limited to, click testing, heuristic evaluation, face-to-face moderated usability testing, and remote moderated and unmoderated usability testing.
- Must be capable of working responsively in an evolving business environment and in an Agile development framework.
- 5-8 years relevant work experience in user centered digital product design environments
- Proficient with the latest design and research tools such as Sketch, InVision, Mural, Trello, Slack, Sketch Libraries, Craft, Appear.in, MindNode and Validately.
- Impressive deductive reasoning skills
- Solid grasp of graphic design, visual communications, web design, or design strategy.
- Experience with Design Language Systems
- Excellent visual design skills, layout, typography, and colors.
- Experience in Mobile (iOS, Android) and responsive web
- Top notch with running Design Critiques from both sides of the table
- Experience with a range of research and evaluation techniques and current user centered design research, theories and methodologies
- UI design experience grounded in both information architecture and interaction design
- Experience successfully applying UX design practices in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience with responsive and/or adaptive design highly desirable.
- Ability to interact with internal/external clients/customers in a professional manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and product groups.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to work on a variety of projects is necessary, as well as the ability to rapidly acquire new domain familiarity.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.