We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As a Senior UX Engineer at Datadog, you will help make UX a priority in everything we build. Your work will combine the best of design and engineering—you will collaborate with designers to build new and exploratory prototypes, bringing designs to life in code and prioritizing polish and execution in your work.
You will have the opportunity to set vision and create experiments to define the next generation of Datadog features. Examples of projects you might take on include refining the experience of one of our major product areas, prototyping ideas for new products and features, and developing new components in our design system.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact. You’ll join a small team and work closely with design and engineering partners, offering your own product opinions while building out interfaces of the highest quality.
- Work closely with designers, PMs, and engineers to prototype and launch rich and elegant new features
- Focus on creating polished, high quality product experiences
- Transform large and complex datasets to beautiful interfaces and visualizations
- Use the Datadog design system to implement compelling, usable UIs; contribute to their design; and engineer them with React and TypeScript
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, and grow with the company
- Collaborate with your teammates and the frontend community at large to maintain and evolve a first-class user experience
- You have been designing and engineering UIs for several years
- You have strong UI/UX intuition, adept at working closely with product design and product management stakeholders to develop a shared vision and deliver on it
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth environment that respects its engineers and customers
- Your work or portfolio is visible online
- You’ve worked on a large dynamic application using a modern framework
- You’ve written data visualizations
- You know how to use a design system to create simple and reusable components for complex UIs — and how to contribute back to it so that it benefit others working on the same codebase
- You have product design experience
- You’re familiar with design programs like Figma or Sketch
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.