Senior UX Research Coordinator at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a Senior UX Research Coordinator to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our Bike, Tread, and Digital apps. This role will work directly with the Product Engagement UX Researchers to facilitate research projects (managing scheduling, recruiting participants, coordinating parties, securing spaces, handling day-of logistics, and more). Research projects will inform and evaluate new features and experiences developed by the Engagement teams.
The role sits on the Product Design UX Research team (made up of 4 UX Researchers today) and reports to the VP of Product Design and UX.
- Support UX Researchers at Peloton by coordinating participants, logistics, facilities, and tools for a variety of user research methodologies including qualitative usability studies (remote and in-person, moderated and unmoderated), surveys, focus groups and in-home interviews.
- Act as the point-person for research recruiting: sourcing participants based on Researcher criteria, outreach, incentivization and consent.
- Work with the Product Analytics team to source appropriate research participants (as defined in the UX Researcher’s plan) from our user database and other third-party sources based on behavioral and demographic data.
- Deliver incentivization packages to participants.
- Work between the UX Research and Member Experience teams to coordinate member outreach to potential study participants.
- Ensure participants are properly prepared for the study, especially if a workout is involved, both in understanding what will be asked of them and signing any documents regarding disclosure, consent, release and waiver.
- Understand and document participant availability based on the testing plan and available time slots; coordinate and confirm participant time slots and handle any scheduling changes.
- Secure spaces (at Peloton offices, at rented spaces, and on-site or in-homes) for testing to take place. Prepare spaces including the delivery and set-up of testing equipment and prototypes, and coordinate travel for researchers/participants to the spaces.
- Assist UX Researchers on testing days, specifically in terms of participant logistics and interaction: including supporting any “last minute issues” and assisting in getting parties to research spaces on time, and greeting members when they arrive for research sessions.
- Generally, ensure all research participants have a positive experience with Peloton.
- Monitor and aggregate large-scale unmoderated research sources such as beta tests, surveys, usability tests, and video diaries to help streamline analysis by UX Researchers.
- Work with UX Researchers and Design Ops to understand a long-term (3-6 month) roadmap of research tasks to allow for early coordination efforts and to develop a detailed calendar and schedule of testing events.
- Ensure recruiting process is compliant by working with Legal, Compliance, and Security teams.
- Support the User Research team in maintaining a comprehensive database of past research projects (including participants, plans, and findings) to avoid duplication of efforts and to maintain appropriate relationships with users.
- Manage and maintain tools, equipment, and software licenses for the wider research team (and seek out and onboard new options when applicable.)
- Develop the UX Research Coordination role in establishing processes and deliverables and ensuring standards for quality and efficiency.
- Help to onboard future UX Research Coordinators and provide feedback on their early work.
- Enjoy and excel at communicating regularly with a variety of different research participants from various backgrounds.
- Collaborates well with team members, stakeholders, consultants, and vendors.
- Strong attention to detail and adept at organizing information.
- Ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects on different timelines.
- Dependable; can count on you to follow through and stay on top of things without direction.
- Passionate about user research, user centered design, customer service, and fostering a positive Member experience.
- Able to quickly adapt to unexpected changes to plan and process.
- Proactive in addressing issues and solving problems that might come up in the logistical planning and execution of a research plan.
- Experience working with User Research software and tools: user databases and analytics platforms, remote user testing platforms, research documentation A/V equipment and editing software.
- 5+ years experience in a UX Research Coordination role in a software technology company.
- 4+ years working with Product Design and Product Management roles.
- 4+ years managing relationships with research vendors.
- 4+ years managing User Research labs/facilities.
- 4+ years experience in a Research Coordination role at a company of another category (e.g. clinical or market research).
- 4+ years in either a Project Management/Coordination role or similar at a software technology company.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.