At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Product Designers work on embedded cross-functional teams, collaborating closely with PMs and engineers on major product areas. We’re a full-stack design team, owning all aspects of our work including research, prototyping, visual design and engineering hand-off. We work closely together, and collaborate with our DesignOps team to develop our design system and tooling.The opportunity:
As one of Datadog’s first full-time UX researchers you will work on our most important research projects and play a major role in shaping how we conduct and share UX research across the company. In addition to your own research, your work will help establish best practices for other Datadogs (designers, PMs, engineers) to conduct research effectively and to scale up UX research as a discipline.About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced qualitative researcher to work across product teams and collaborate with designers, PMs, and engineers on some of our highest-impact research initiatives and to shape the role of UX research at Datadog. As a Senior UX Researcher you’ll be joining our Product Design team, reporting directly to the VP of Product Design. You’ll immediately take on important strategic research projects and collaborate cross-functionally with designers, PMs, and engineers. This is a full-time role based in New York or Paris.You will:
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across projects and products areas, design research plans to deliver actionable product insights, and collaborate with product designers and PMs on executing those plans
- Help others learn and apply research methods by developing shared research programs and tools, empower them to conduct their own research, and help the Design team become a one-stop shop for UX research
- Communicate your insights and recommendations clearly and widely with user personas, research reports, journey maps, and more
- Coordinate usability studies with product designers to validate the effectiveness of your recommendations
- Contribute to a library of shared research insights and personas across the platform
- Partner with PMs, designers, and engineers to define long-term strategy and near-term objectives by grounding them in clear user insights
- You have 5+ years of experience in UX research on digital products
- You’ve previously designed and scaled research programs from the ground up
- You can quickly understand complex technical products and work with a highly technical customer base
- Your portfolio demonstrates execution of complex qualitative research plans, and shows the impact of your research on user experience
- You can conduct research at scale and utilize a variety of research methods such as interviews, surveys, contextual inquiry, and usability studies
- You can communicate effectively in a fast-paced product development process and know how to integrate research into design and product team roadmaps
- You want to participate in all aspects of hands-on research such as planning, recruiting, analysis, and collaboration with design and product teams
- You are adept at explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and in selling the value of research
- You can balance working with urgency and in depth, and adapt to what the situation requires
- Your work includes developer tools, B2B and/or enterprise SaaS products
- You can produce strong visual artifacts (e.g. journey maps, wireframes) that clearly communicate your findings and provide support to the PMs, Designers and engineers that will build products based on them
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.