Senior UX Researcher at Zocdoc (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Senior UX Researcher you would be responsible for planning and conducting research. You will also drive the synthesis of insights and lead relevant workshops. Your aim will be to uncover the unexpected and big insights that help Zocdoc teams understand how people think about and experience healthcare. Great research will change how teams think, so that we can build products and services that address vital and unmet needs. You’ll collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and our research lead to make that happen.
Recent user research has focused on how people are responding to COVID, how they think about and use telemed, and how bias affects healthcare and how we might counter that with our product offering. You’ll have a chance to make a big impact here, and we expect you to. If you’re ready to help increase our understanding and empathy for patients and providers, and help us transform healthcare, we want to hear from you.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Motivated by improving healthcare, helping people, and the role empathy plays in creating great products
- Passionate about working with a diverse group of co-workers, including designers, product managers, engineers, and executives
- An excellent communicator both verbally and visually
- A life-long learner with a growth mindset
- Great with time management and prioritization, managing multiple projects and stakeholders
Your day to day is…
- Designing and planning research, primarily qualitative but including some quant, such as surveys
- Working closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and the data science team
- Conducting and leading both field and in-house research
- Leading synthesis sessions
- Helping lead internal workshops
- Finding both the little and big insights that help us refine products and discover new solutions
- Creating powerful ways to communicate insights and recommendations
- Helping us refine user archetypes
- Helping refine the journey and experience maps
- Developing and standardizing research practices
- Advocating for UX research
- Mentoring collaborators in research best practices
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 5+ years of experience in UX research
- A diverse portfolio of your work that shows your approach, thought process, and insights
- A capability for thoughtful and patient listening
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- A solid toolkit of qualitative design research methods
- Experience creating UX documents such as user archetypes, journey and experience maps, and mental model diagrams
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Return to Office
The safety and health of our team members is our top priority. As local case numbers and regulations allow, our NYC office will be accessible five days a week, though working in-office remains completely voluntary; everyone is invited but nobody is required to work in the office. For team members who work in-office days, we will provide an experience that supports social interaction, collaboration, and of course all of our regular perks such as free lunch. Learn more about our return to office philosophy, plans, and updates here!