Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
UX Research works with a multi-disciplinary team of Designers, Product Managers, Product Analysts, Developers, Marketers, and leadership who care deeply about the people who use our products. We play an integral part in gathering insights about product user needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors to inspire and inform design. Together, we are building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds—from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. Every member of the design team is charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously unsolved problems.
What you’ll do:
Angi UX Researchers comfortably rely on their experience with multiple methods of UX research to recommend the best method for a research question and then own that research project from start to finish. Curiosity and empathy for the user will drive creation of thoughtful task plans, discussion guides, and group exercises that answer primary business questions as well as uncover additional angles that may not be immediately obvious to stakeholders. You’ll uncover why customers make the choices they do and provide guidance on how to improve their experiences across the entire Angi platform.
A highly successful Senior UX Researcher will...
- Represent the voice of the customer in design and product projects
- Work with stakeholders to drive major UX research projects from conception to completion
- Identify underlying business needs and develop efficient research plans and necessary research materials (screeners, questionnaires, tests, or interview guides) to address those needs fully.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of qualitative research methods and choose the approach best suited for the challenge at hand (e.g., contextual inquiry, card sorting, diary studies, unmoderated studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.).
- Express research best practices across the company and mentor colleagues and coworkers on best-in-class usability research methods and concepts
- Identify opportunities with our products, our customers, and Angi backed by research, trends, and observations
Who you are:
- 4+ years autonomously conducting UX research for software/web-based products with demonstrated impact on the products you worked on
- Expertise in preparing and administering unmoderated qualitative studies as well as moderating IDIs and online interviews.
- Strong communication skills — you clearly articulate your recommendations and decisions, whether verbal or written.
- Strong analysis and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights and new product opportunities.
- Ability to unearth deeper meaning from qualitative data and present findings in an appropriate medium such that findings are clear and actionable (e.g., customer journey maps, personas, data visualization, charts, etc.)
- Superior analytical ability to synthesize research into actionable recommendations
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Flexibility with research methods to address the unique needs of multiple teams and invent new methodologies when necessary
- Meticulous sense of detail and the ability to seek out simple or new solutions to complex challenges
- Desire to speak up about unmet needs anywhere in the company
- Strong project management skills with the ability to monitor multiple projects simultaneously, overcome obstacles, and adapt with changing business needs
- High aptitude for learning new skills and a willingness to tackle new challenges
- Experience working in small collaborative teams, including working constructively with teams across design, product, engineering, and marketing
- Experience guiding design teams on usability best practices based on proven industry research and standards.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $80,000-140,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world