Senior UX Researcher
Blink Health is a healthcare technology company on a mission to change the way Americans access the vital medications they need. Our proprietary platform and supply chain allow us to offer everyone - whether they have insurance or not - the lowest prices on over 15,000 medications. When combined with telemedicine and home delivery, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become.
We are a highly-collaborative team of builders and operators dedicated to inventing new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. We're assembling the experienced and talented team to get this done.The role
As the Director of User Research you will reveal what our patients, physicians and pharmacies need and experience from our products by conducting primary and secondary research and exploring the behaviors and motivation of our users. You will produce robust, rich, and actionable research that teams need at every stage of the product development cycle. As the Director of User Research you will be responsible for building a world class team that will be embedded with a team of engineers, PMs, designers and other cross-functional partners.About you
- Experienced: You have 7+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX Researcher and are still an amazing researcher. You have a rock solid understanding of the user-centered design process, and a further 2+ years of experience leading and managing a user research team. You have a BA/BS degree or higher in Anthropology, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction or a related discipline.
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods. You can also demonstrate an understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- You have experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (we currently utilize UserTesting.com)
- Collaborative and Communicative: You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to product managers, designers, engineers, senior leadership and other key partners. And you love being part of a diverse team that works to build consensus and move things forward quickly.
- You are an independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on complex, loosely defined problems and determining the appropriate qualitative and quantitative research methods to apply in order to move a project forward
- You have experience in survey design (ie: Qualtrics) and you have working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
At Blink, we put humans first.
It's our ambition that everyone at Blink is doing the best work of their lives.
Your professional development is paramount. Not only will you have the opportunity to learn alongside some of the best in the business, but we also host a multitude of structured in-office learning opportunities: extensive onboarding, Brown Bags, Women's leadership classes, deep dives on health care issues, Book Club, and our Blink Thinks series with external guests. We have a number of personalized programs --- including weekly check-ins with your manager and Blink Individualized Growth (aka B.I.G.) Plans ---- to ensure you are always growing.
In addition to the satisfaction of working for a mission-driven company, we offer a competitive salary, fully-sponsored healthcare, stock options, communal breakfast and lunch every day, Blink-sponsored clubs, monthly events, happy hours, and more.
This job is located in New York City.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.