Senior UX Writer at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Join us!
About the team:
The Angi Design & Creative Team is made up of Designers, Creatives, Writers, and Researchers. We are building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds — from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. Every member of the team is charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously unsolved problems.
About the role:
We're looking for a Senior UX Writer who not only excels in creating clear and concise copy for products, but also knows how to bring a brand voice to life. This person is a writer by trade and a strategist by nature.
Our UX Writers are responsible for creating and maintaining a consistent, engaging conversation with our users. They have a deep understanding of product writing and know that successful customer experiences are dependent on empathetic, meaningful copy. They are involved in every phase of a project lifecycle, from early strategy and concepting, through customer research, detailed design, launch, and optimization. Our UX Writers are also stewards of our brand voice and understand that even the smallest word choice is important for building the foundation of our brand.
Writing for Angi requires an intimate understanding of our diverse users — achieved through continuous research and testing — and close collaboration with many disciplines inside our organization. We value creative exploration, iteration, and attention to detail.
What you’ll do:
This role will report to the Copy Director on the Design & Creative Team.
- Write clear, concise, and on-brand copy through our end-to-end service
- Create a consistent product narrative across all customer touch points, ranging from landing pages and user flows to app, SMS, and more
- Launch great digital experiences that are functional, easy to use, and informed by data and research
- Be a champion of the brand voice by collaborating with stakeholders to ensure consistency in brand messaging, voice and tone, and how we sound
- Work alongside Product Managers and business owners to understand the problem and define the scope and requirements for a solution
Who you are:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally a combination of Content Strategy, UX Writing, or Copywriting for digital experiences — agency or product organizations preferred
- Experience working closely with UX Product Designers in an agency or in-house product company. Experience working with Product Managers, Research, and Product Marketing are also a plus.
- Driven, able to adapt and grow in a fast-paced environment
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $110,000-145,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world