Everyone at Policygenius, from our newest customer success associate hire to our CEO, believes that the design process is our primary tool for empathy, problem-solving, and innovation. In fact, our product and design teams focus nearly exclusively on our Discovery efforts; learning more about our customers, and designing experiments to validate our assumptions. To be successful, we’ve built a balanced team that aims to deeply understand how our real, human customers think about their financial security.
Our entire design team focuses on product thinking and empathy, but it’s the Senior Visual Designer who’s responsible for presenting our heavily trafficked content in pleasing and easy-to-digest ways. They focus on iterative experiments to improve conversion to our product experiences, increase trust in our expertise, and elevate the bar for the Policygenius visual language. Partnering with our cross-functional content team, the Senior Visual Designer ships quick iterations on our guides and tools to move us up the search rankings and expose more customers to our award-winning content. They’re optimization-minded and enjoy working at both macro and micro scales with an ability to identify how to drive the most impact through their work.
Reporting to our VP, Growth Design, the Senior Visual Designer will oversee design for our industry-leading content initiatives–direct drivers to the success of our business and build a platform customers trust. They will partner with our brand marketing team to best reflect our brand in digital experiences and continually work to improve the quality of our visual language across all digital touchpoints and actively contribute to our design system, Mortar.
- Partner with your product management and engineering peers to identify and prioritize key page-level optimization experiments, divergent options for solutions, and what success will look like.
- Create interactive experiences within our content that answer our customers’ questions, empowering them to make informed decisions.
- Identify new and/or improved ways to engage our customers through our content and more easily convey complex concepts.
- Learn and identify the best ways to present content in a digestible way while balancing its need for search engine optimization.
- Regularly benchmark best practices for content display, CTAs, and interactive tools like calculators and quizzes.
- Pair with brand designers to evolve Policygenius visual language and representation of brand within our various digital experiences.
- Contribute to the content product roadmap, ensuring design needs are identified and accounted for in future plans.
- Maintain and contribute elements to our growing design system to ensure consistency across experiences and a high level of quality throughout.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You’ve spent 5+ years honing your craft, delivering loved and impactful experiences to customers.
- You’re passionate about pushing a brand forward, improving how customers see and interact with it.
- You’re not a perfectionist but find yourself sometimes caring a little too much about the positioning of an element on-screen.
- You’ve worked within a design system and have experience pushing the boundaries of existing components within it.
- You can spot a 1px misalignment on a screen that’s clear across the room.
- You love iterating on and improving your work to deliver solutions that hit your desired goal, even if the fourth time’s the charm.
- You are excited to dive headfirst into complex content challenges to make them simple for your customers to understand.
- You strive to deliver your ideas with an “answer first” approach.
- You share your passion and tricks of the craft with those around you.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!