Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Design Tech
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Senior Visual Designer, Marketing
As Senior Visual Designer, you’ll form the cornerstone of content. You’ll join a dynamic team of innovative visual and experience designers as well as developers, working to bring our user experience to the next level. The Senior Visual Designer will liaise directly with our Marketing & Communications teams to create the most compelling and creative ad, social, and video content. Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for the defining how the world views Gemini, evangelizing and educating users about the innovative industry that is
This designer will be focused on marketing and brand design while collaborating across the product design team. This individual will support business goals related to brand building, and brand recognition. They will also contribute to building the Gemini brand and have the ability to creatively express the brand across a variety of mediums.
- Evolve, explore and apply our visual identity; become fully immersed in the Gemini brand and mission
- Partner closely with marketing to build a compelling, strategic, and effective content roadmap
- Lead and work on multiple digital projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Execute and produce a mix of graphic, motion, and photographic content
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes marketing, engineers, and product managers in order to create compelling content for the user
- Support multiple business lines with creation of digital assets
- Work closely with the Art Director and marketing partners to formulate, communicate and transform a complex system into a simplistic message
- Explore new directions and design patterns to meet the requirements while pushing the quality of design forward
- Oversees the execution of assets, typography, logos, icons and interfaces for multiple platforms
- Help with leading efforts to the develop ad campaigns and design styles for product launches, features updates, and ad campaigns
- Support and explore styles for social channels and support comms with social assets
- Work with marketing to design email and ad campaigns, and content (ex: whitepapers), and print collateral
- Develop new designs as well as iterate on existing designs for the marketing website
- 4-7 years of experience in a similar role and or formal design training
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC, Google Suite
- Experience designing for the web and mobile, and or familiar with web and mobile design standards and systems
- Design fundamentalist knowing the rules, but knows how to bend and break them to create innovative solution
- Clear understanding of visual hierarchy, balance, rhythm, typography and color
- Ability to problem solve complex concepts with multiple simplistic concepts
- Strong presentation skills telling a coherent story/POV, relating the work to the overall strategic priority of project and how the design decisions are made in support
- 2-4 years of experience as a visual designer at a digital agency or in-house
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Expert level skills in Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), the Google suite of apps, and a working knowledge of Sketch/Figma as well as emerging interactive design trends
- Experience in design targeting users within the finance, technology, or fintech industries specifically
- Creative thinker who embraces challenges and new methods of thinking with a holistic and methodical approach
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events