Social Media Designer at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.The job
We’re on a mission to create a cult brand that meaningfully impacts growing businesses across the country, and are looking for a Social Media Designer who’s passionate about design and the social media landscape to join our team.
You’ll be part of the broader marketing team, and will collaborate with stakeholders across the company to primarily create assets for our social channels, which include Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Depending on the team’s workload, we’ll need you to jump in on print and digital collateral, landing pages, swag creation, and more.
You’re a self-motivated person with an eye for pixel-perfection and fine-tuned aesthetics. You enjoy the challenge of explaining complex ideas simply. You think strategically and aren’t afraid to dive into the details. You have experience working within brand guidelines, but also enjoy finding new and creative ways to apply them. You’re excited to tackle every project—no matter how big or small. This role sits on the marketing team and reports to the Brand Design Manager.What you’ll do
- Manage projects from the initial brainstorm to delivery while collaborating with other designers, marketers, and/or teams from across the company
- Work well in a participatory, team-based environment, support and inspire teammates through collaboration
- Maintain, evolve, and translate Justworks’ design guidelines across our social channels to ensure a cohesive brand experience
- Set a high bar for effective, approachable, elegant, and clean design
- Test social assets and iterate on learnings
- Use data to make design decisions
- Use storytelling to simplify complex ideas
- Think abstractly. You’re able to take an intangible product and make it come to life visually.
- Communicate in-process and finished work to stakeholders
- Seek feedback from stakeholders, partners, and teammates. You’re able to digest, distill, and incorporate feedback into your work, and follow up. You’re able to involve others in the design process. You approach conversations with openness and a sense of possibility.
- Meet tight deadlines and pivot when priorities change
- Solicit and deliver constructive feedback to fellow designers
- Manage creative resources, internal and external
- Provide feedback and art direction to external vendors and partners
- A portfolio that demonstrates range of creativity across digital and print
- 3-5 years of social experience at an agency or in-house design team
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong knowledge of layout, color, grids, icons, and typography
- Extremely strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of latest design and digital/social media trends
- Able to manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Animation, photography, and video skills
Please submit portfolio, cover letter, and your resume. Note that applications missing a portfolio, cover letter, and/or resume will not be considered.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.