Sr. Brand Designer
Does your brain instantly start cropping, swapping fonts, and color correcting when you see a dry ad? Do you dream in wildly gorgeous images — and have the chops to bring them to life? AND do you like working alongside genuinely nice and talented humans? Awesome. We’d love if you’d join us as our new Senior Designer on Vimeo’s Creative team.
We’re looking for someone who can dive into all aspects of our marketing efforts, from leading campaigns, to overseeing our logged-out web experience. You’ll work closely with brand designers, copywriters, and members of the Marketing team to make it all happen, and deliver gorgeous, high-quality imagery that draws people in and feels good to create.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with internal designers, copywriters, and marketers to concept and design professional, world-class brand and marketing campaigns.
- Manage a small team of designers and external freelancers.
- Produce brand standards, templates and style guides for creating interactive campaigns and websites.
- Build upon the visual and user experience of Vimeo's online presence.
- Clearly communicate and provide direction to external partners to execute.
- Conduct in-depth competitor analysis and research on current trends and compile findings into insightful presentations.
- Collaborate with our internal Production team to create graphics packages and storyboards to maintain consistency across all channels.
- Work with Vimeo’s expansive Marketing team to meet deadlines, make last-minute edits, manage your time, and work through our annual marketing and design roadmap.
- Make the role your own; bring your flair and interests to the role and overall design directions.
Skills and knowledge you possess:
- 3-4 years of experience designing for brands in-house or at an agency.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and the Creative Suite.
- Expert in layout and composition. Your typography skills are polished and white space is your best friend.
- Experience working with developers. You know how to craft front-end HTML and CSS-friendly designs and know how to best communicate those designs to the developer.
- A strong point of view on advertising and marketing campaigns. You’re the first to identify upcoming industry trends and have a critical eye for design.
- The ability to follow and develop strict brand and style guidelines.
- Strength in juggling many files, specs, and output ratios, and a talent for file management.
- Tough skin. You can take constructive feedback and run with it.
- A team player. You work well with others and can help other brand designers develop campaigns and find creative solutions.
- New York City based.
- Experience designing in physical spaces
- Photography experience
- After Effects experience
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.