Sr. Growth Designer at Vimeo
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and market the highest quality videos to viewers worldwide, with no interruptive advertising. At the core of Vimeo’s DNA is a focus on creating a seamless and intuitive workflow for video creators, and designers at Vimeo have a major impact on the business. Since Vimeo’s inception, we've designed beautiful, minimalistic UI around the world’s best videos, an incredibly friendly website, and engaging mobile and TV experiences.
The Growth team at Vimeo explores opportunities to grow our user base and revenue across the entire product. The team’s challenge is to identify the highest impact ideas, turn them into compelling customer experiences, test them super quickly, then build the best of them.
The Growth team needs a pragmatic, tenacious designer with a strong bias for action. Someone who loves data, iterating and generating strong hypothesis-driven ideas.
What you’ll do:
- Bring your perspective to a focused cross-platform team to lift key business metrics that help Vimeo grow
- Execute simple and beautiful designs at a rapid cadence that combine intuitive UX with a cohesive, cross-platform product
- Engage directly with users to identify quick wins and longer term opportunities
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership your work, and take responsibility for every last detail
- Grow your design toolset in a collaborative team of designers
- Shepherd the design of new features from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, creating product spec, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, data analysts and developers of all levels and diverse experience to creatively solve problems and reach our goals
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3-4 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Experience with SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) metrics and how to iteratively build products that grow a business
- Portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience, showing work and process – and illustrate how it was informed by quantitive and qualitative user research
- Ability to communicate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience is ideal
- Prototyping know-how (Invision, Principle and/or other front-end implementation of designs)
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.