Sr Product Creative Designer
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.
As Sr. Product Creative Designer, you will design, develop, and execute the creative brand vision and strategy for our products, platforms, and partner channels. You will use your creativity to deliver brand guides, campaigns and integrations for our customer facing products that engage, delight and resonate with fans of Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. You thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research, data and brand instinct to experiences people love.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site in our offices at New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
1. Provide hands-on leadership to align creative direction, concepts and deliverables.
2. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform designs and project delivery.
3. Work closely with Product, Business, Product Marketing, Content & Network brands to create and deliver industry-leading campaigns, branding and integrations across our digital platforms.
4. Lead & Manage large-scale, high-priority campaigns for our product and platform experiences.
5. Manage complex products, brands and project plans with multiple work stream dependencies.
6. Demonstrate and manage the highest creative and design standards - providing clear direction to team members, stakeholders, and outside agencies/vendors.
7. Present concepts, strategies and goals effectively to teams and Mid-Level Executives.
8. Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks & determine solutions.
9. Lead team through multi-platform challenges/obstacles via positive creative solutions.
10. Inspire/mentor others on design teams and other creative teams within the organization.
11. Design and maintain all Brand Language Systems, creative libraries, templates, mockups, user scenarios & flows and experience documentation.
* 5+ years of experience as Sr. Designer, Creative or Product Designer within a large-scale consumer facing organization, agency or multi-platform product company.
* 3+ years’ experience designing creative & brand campaigns for global product experiences.
* BA Degree or higher in Visual Design, Product Design, User Interface and Interactive Design.
* Experience designing 10ft, VUI, Connected and Multi-Modal Product Design Systems required.
* Deep knowledge and experience in Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments
* Expertise in Sketch, InVision Tools, Adobe Suite and rapid prototyping are required.
* Working experience with Principal, Story, and Atomic Design methods are important.
* Knowledge of emerging trends for digital products and cross-platform customer integrations.
* Experience managing high performance teams of 10 or more designers across internal and external teams – both direct and dotted line reports.
* Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
* Education in Visual Design, Interactive Design, User Interface and/or Mobile Design required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, versatile aesthetic, high-end customer facing experiences, with expertise in design principles, thinking and usability. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials to view your digital samples.
* Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Business, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Networks and Sales.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
* Capable of leading Creative brainstorm sessions to ensure that customer centered with clear vision is implemented through Design Thinking Best Practices.
* Proven track record with a variety of successful products delivered across multiple platforms, screens and ecosystems with experience in multiple brands, productions and operations.
* Passionate self-starter with high-level of initiative, strong sense of ownership and a disciplined approach to quality and its effect on the intended audience.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
* High confidence working on complex multi-platform consumer focused product ecosystems.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are a BIG PLUSSES.
* Strong portfolio showcasing broad range Brand, Creative, and Design Process is a MUST.