Sr. Product Designer, Onboarding Experience at Vimeo (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Vimeo is looking to hire a Senior Product Designer to join our Onboarding and in-product messaging team. This Designer will be responsible for ensuring customers of all types – individuals, small teams, and Enterprise businesses are successful in understanding and adopting Vimeo’s robust suite of tools. Since onboarding continues past the first-time user experience, it will be your job to understand the user’s intent, quickly provide the right tools for what they need to accomplish, and build an ongoing relationship between them and our products.What you'll do:
- Drive the design direction for the Onboarding team and bring product, engineering, and marketing partners into the design process.
- Advocate for user research within the team and work closely with our Consumer Insights team, Data team, and conduct your own user interviews and online usability testing.
- Directly engage with users and translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and prior experimentation results into informed design decisions and new product concepts.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data analysts and engineers of all levels to understand problem spaces and develop hypotheses to test, measure, and iterate on.
- Design from the concept phase all the way to product release and beyond by crafting high level user stories, process flows, low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Quickly craft intuitive and elegant design solutions while balancing multiple projects/experiments at once.
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design.
- Strong familiarity with industry standard UX practices and methods. Seeks and provides feedback with a positive sense of curiosity!
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day hands-on execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a strong proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills - can clearly articulate your design vision through verbal and written explanation or sketching to small or large audiences ranging from fellow designers to the leadership team.
- Ability to be autonomous - takes initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers.
- Recent portfolio or samples of web / native app product design work informed by quantitative and qualitative user research.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs