The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.#LongLiveDogs
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join our growing Design function.
The focus of this role is creating user experience and visual design for existing feature improvements, customer feedback implementation, and new features. You should be enthusiastic about crafting end-to-end experiences that not only meet product needs but deliver joy to our customers. You will be responsible for executing user research, user flows, wireframes, visual design, prototypes, and user testing.
In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with Brand, Creative, Engineering, Growth, and Product. The ideal candidate delivers outstanding and innovative solutions for UX strategy and execution. You are someone who is highly customer-centric, detailed, collaborative, and open to feedback.How You'll Make An Impact
- Collaborate with product managers, brand, engineers, and others to drive projects forward
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Build user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity visual designs, and interactions
- Ability to balance quality and time while designing product features
- Work closely with engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Assist in hiring, mentoring, and establishing a diverse design community within the company
- Proven 4-7 years of experience working in product design, UI/UX, or related field
- Proficient in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, etc.
- Experience working with signup pages, landing pages, and customer accounts improvements
- Significant experience leading design projects from problem definition to production and beyond
- Expertise designing within an evolving system
- A keen understanding of how modern technologies are used with design (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Ability to think through complex systems
- An empathetic approach to understanding user motivations and needs
- Independent, forward-thinking, and able to clearly convey design decisions and rationale
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug