Sr. Product Designer at NBCUniversal (Greater NYC Area, NY)
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, TV, movies, pop culture, and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other, and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity, equity, and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
About Our Team: The Peacock Viewing Experience team lives and breathes design excellence. We dream about ways to thrill millions of fans, constantly innovating and transforming what's possible with Peacock. We're a diverse group of film buffs, sports fanatics, comedy fans, late-night show enthusiasts, drama aficionados, and so much more. Explore the future of streaming at PeacockTV.com - it's free to see the world we've created. And we're just getting started. About the Role: We're seeking a Senior Product Designer to evolve and elevate our entertainment experiences across live events, kids programming, news, and sports - in and out of the home. A key member of the product team, you'll focus on user-centered design principles and a "don't make me think" understanding of usability to concept and create UX/UI solutions across TV platforms.
What You'll Do:
• Deliver production-ready UX designs that align with broader business goals
• Rapidly drive progress of existing work (experience designs, UX guides, information architecture, visual designs) to project completion
• Contribute to design strategy across the Peacock platform
• Develop design and storytelling explorations throughout the project lifecycle
• Drive UX solutions backed by data, while maintaining project oversight through launch
• Collaborate with user research to explore new possibilities and develop test plans
• Partner cross-functionally to advocate for the best possible experience for Peacock viewers
• Serve as a mentor and coach to junior designers
• Contribute to our growing library of knowledge around user-centered design
• Embrace a human-centered, data-driven design process
• Maintain a critical eye and obsessive attention to detail
- Degree in design, computer science, human factors, or equivalent work experience
- Design professional with 5+ years of relevant work experience • Ability to clearly communicate design solutions to stakeholders and leadership
- Understanding of interaction design principles
- Demonstrable fluency with Figma, Sketch, InVision, Abstract, Framer, etc.
- Excellent collaborative skills and experience partnering cross-functionally (product, marketing, brand, legal, etc.)
- Expert critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to operate independently and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong portfolio of solid web, mobile, and multimedia experiences
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications
- Understanding of platforms like Roku, Fire TV, Samsung, Apple TV, X1, etc.
- Accessibility, internationalization, and localization experience a plus.
- • Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.