Sr. Product Designer at WW (the new Weight Watchers)
Senior Product Designer
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
Our Product Design team is a close-knit group of over 30 practitioners, each focused on one of three disciplines: Product Design, Visual Design, or Experience Research. The team is distributed between our offices in New York City and San Francisco, with the Growth team based in NYC. Our team is remarkably hardworking and has grown tremendously this past year.
We are user focused, believe deeply in user centered design, and work in highly collaborative crews that include design-oriented engineers and research-minded product managers.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us on the Growth team in New York, specifically in re-imagining what our prospect experience will look like in both web and mobile. We focus on educating users about our products and how they will impact their lives. You'll be tasked to understand behaviors, motivations, and goals for our prospects, and to deliver a creative experience that connects multiple WW products.
We work closely with dedicated experience researchers, are data driven through the use of analytics and A/B testing, and partner with marketing, content, brand, and finance to help us craft our product.
The Health & Wellness space is a fast-growing market, and as a designer here, your work will have an immediate, meaningful impact on the lives of people across the globe.
- Your portfolio has some best-in-class work
- You focus on UX and UI, understand how to capture product requirements, incorporate user research, frame the problem, focus on the user and articulate a clear design direction
- You believe in craftsmanship and build elegant and compelling designs
- You're well versed in countless micro-interactions on mobile and web, and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better
- You can prototype fast, make last-minute tweaks between user studies, and can be polished as well as quick and dirty
- You are able to navigate between greenfield exploration and tactical, iterative designs
- You can analyze data, interviews, research and translate your insights into actionable layouts, prototypes, and final designs
- You have designed for both consumer and internal facing audiences
- You've shipped multiple products
- You can share several shining examples of real work and what you've learned along the way
- You've worked on products across several platforms and know what can translate from desktop to mobile and what won't, or why you'd opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android
- You know what details matter at each stage of a release cycle, and how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right
- You know how to manage process and product
- You develop positive relationships with product managers, developers, and other designers
- You substantially contribute to defining the 'what' as well as the 'how'
- You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs
- You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates
- You understand analytics and can think and talk about WW's bottom line
- You have a deep sense of the WW's business model and what will move the needle
Location: New York
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.