Sr. Product Motion Designer at Frame.io
See all jobs
Aesthetics and artful expressions are your forté. Delight our users with your Fluid UI creations by marrying grace with functionality.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who excels at breathing life into products that artfully balances expression and functionality. You will be at the forefront of our mission to create a Fluid UI that responds to input gracefully, sheds away friction, and gleefully moves you through our product.
As a system designer, you will be creating our foundational principles for how we use motion. You will make small bite-sized UI delights and larger expressive patterns that tell the story of a successful product. Product designers will look to your motion principles to shape their UI and create an immersive experience across all surfaces and platforms.
This role is for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. You’ll inspire and elevate the team by producing work that is always raising the bar and taking a people-first approach to solving problems. Your work will allow our customers to feel delighted every time they use our product.
As a closing note, we will determine your final level and title throughout the interview process.
- 4-9 years of experience in fast-paced creative environments
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality motion work that tells a story of the deep connection you can create between people and the products they use
- Mastery of one or more motion or prototype tools, including Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, ProtoPie, and Principle
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, and other UX tools
- Experience helping lead and mentor a team of gifted creatives
- An ability to express the tangible expression and functional system created by motion in the written word
- A breadth of cultural reference points
- You will create immersive pieces that celebrate and inform the beauty of our product and inspire engagement
- Create motion systems used by designers to elevate their work and create a cohesive fluid app
- Build functional prototypes to show your vision and receive feedback from your peers and people using our products
- Help shape the product vision by giving it life and tangible responsiveness
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- Help maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business goals into unique product experiences
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- $50 Monthly reimbursement for cell phone bill
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.