Sr. Systems Designer at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Designer to join the Product DesignOps team. You will play a pivotal role in maturing our design system. You will partner closely with the system design team, product designers, engineers and product managers as you contribute to building a best-in-class design system. This role will report directly to the Director Product Design.
The Impact You Will Make
- Craft system-level design elements which function across diverse user experiences, from diners to drivers, restaurants and internal users
- Collaborate with a team of talented systems designers to steer the overall direction of Cookbook, Grubhub's Design System
- Thoughtfully contribute to our component documentation and design guidelines
- Work with autonomy, initiating design discussions like whiteboarding sessions and participating in design spikes
- Teach other designers, engineers and product managers to use our design system
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product to unify our visual language, components, and frameworks
- Collaborate with key partners to measure the success of proposed and existing patterns
- Refine and maintain existing tools (e.g., Figma) for designers and developers; research, develop and implement new tooling and practices
- Work to ensure our design system is up-to-date and easy to work with in design and prototyping tools
- Help serve as 'translators' between design and engineering
- Work with marketing to ensure consistency with brand look & feel and maintain brand assets (fonts, logos, illustrations, etc.)
What You Bring to the Table
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to and maintaining a design system
- Strong UX/UX design skills
- A portfolio that showcases beautiful craftsmanship, demonstrating competence in the fundamentals of typography, color, iconography, and animation
- A deep understanding of native mobile and responsive design methodologies and patterns
- A high level of expertise with design tools such as but not limited to Sketch, Principle, Invision & Figma
- Confidence to move projects forward independently, while synthesizing feedback from disparate teams and functions
- A technical mindset, with the ability to talk shop and work closely with engineers
- Ability to research, analyze, and make decisions based on multiple sources, including: best practices for usability, in-house user research, feedback from product designers, A/B testing, analytics, and other mature design systems
- Acute self-awareness and deep empathy for Grubhub's customers, as well as the designers, engineers, and product managers you'll work with
Got these? Even better!:
- Experience with with React and/or native (iOS/Android) development
- Working knowledge of GIT and developer workflows
- Illustration and/or animation skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: G rubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]