See all jobs
Define what UX Research looks like at Frame.io. We need your help to concept test, survey and build repeatable research processes so that our product can keep providing the right amount of control and ease of use for all our users.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
You will be the first formal UX Researcher at Frame.io, so you will take the lead in defining what UX Research looks like at the company. We are a scrappy team that has done a lot of research but without much training, and we will look to you to identify strategic focus areas, define success, and teach us how to conduct research with more rigor and process.
Our existing team has a wealth of film industry experience and has spent a lot of time doing exploratory research, but our process is weakest when it comes to quantitative and evaluative research, so that is an area that you will focus on. We would like to do frequent concept testing, surveying, and usability testing. We will need to build repeatable processes so that we can scale those tests to all product/design/engineering teams.
At Frame.io, we place a huge emphasis on the experience for the end user of our software, and that has been the source of much of our success. We were born out of a small postproduction house; the individual creator is in our DNA, even though we sell to huge enterprises and deal with complex administrative structures. There is sometimes a tension between the creator’s needs and the admin’s needs, and you will have an important role in helping us ensure that our product provides the right amount of control and ease of use for all types of users.
In addition to the expansion and refinement of our core featureset, we are also hard at work building some groundbreaking workflows that the film/video world has never seen. Those present a number of inherent UX challenges as we develop features that our customer base has never used, and so you will partner with our product designers to ensure that we maintain our high bar of usability and intuitive design as we build these new workflows.
- An eagerness to take the lead and direct our approach to UX research with confidence
- Extensive experience with all of the major tools and methods of user experience research (surveys, in-person interviews, remote video interviews, unmoderated research sessions, usability and prototype testing, etc.)
- A strong background in quantitative research methods and the ability to put solid metrics behind UX questions where appropriate
- The ability to draw the right insights out of research and make actionable recommendations for our product teams
- A deeply empathetic nature that can understand the needs and challenges of our user base and communicate them effectively to Product, Design, and Engineering in a way that speaks to their concerns and priorities
- A flexible orientation toward your work that can adapt as our nimble team’s processes change
- Strong problem-solving skills so that you can solve new research problems as we tackle new product domains
- 4+ years of UX Research experience
- Set a roadmap for UX Research in the coming months, identifying current gaps and making plans to fill them, with a particular emphasis on user testing
- Standardize the tools and processes that we use for research, and continually experiment with new options
- Define success for our research efforts, and help us provide more quantitative grounding for our recommendations to the product teams (sometimes partnering with our data team)
- Run your own research projects from start to finish, producing actionable insights for Product, Design, and Engineering
- Provide direction and mentorship to the current team, upleveling all of our research skills and techniques
- Question our assumptions around research and help us find new ways to grow
- Engage with the design process, proactively spotting areas where we can effectively test our hypotheses
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Account
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Discounted gym membership, Classpass discount and Free Citi-Bike membership
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.