Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery Inc. and its Digital division (discovery+ and GO apps and sites) are seeking a stellar Senior UX Researcher with a strong interest and knowledge of the media industry and digital landscape, to help establish a user-centered practice in a rapidly growing organization.
The Senior UX Researcher will lead research initiatives for complex services across multiple devices. They will define the approach and methods best suited for the need, to inform and evaluate current and new features, product and experiences in the streaming video space.
Reporting to the User Experience team, this role will work across various product focus areas, collaborating daily with other researchers, designers and product managers to uncover unmet customer needs and understand interactions and behaviors
- Work proactively with the team to identify and anticipate research needs and opportunities, using creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Lead research project scoping activities and determine the appropriate qualitative and quantitative research methods to apply
- Act as lead researcher or sole point-person for qualitative or quantitative research, end-to-end -- in the context of a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Ensure that research is set up ethically, in accordance with local laws and regulations
- Ensure that research activities generate actionable insights and recommendations and that they reach their intended audience in the most appropriate format
- Liaise with data scientists to combine quantitative data into relevant information to help guide product and design decisions
- Identify and act on opportunities to operationalize the UX Research practice, which include the documenting of new standards and best practices
- Manage the research insights repository, and best methods to maintain it relevant and visible to the broadest possible audience
- Represent UX Research in team planning activities as needed, and mentor junior researchers. Be the voice of the customer in all aspects of the project cycle and as part of the larger organization
- Minimum 5 years of UX research, testing and survey design experience and at least 2 years in a team lead capacity
- Expert knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and tools, with experience implementing them, as demonstrated through a portfolio of recent case studies
- Proven ability to plan and lead research activities, as a team lead and as an individual contributor, in a large organization
- Expert story-teller and communicator (verbally, written) who knows how to tailor information for the audience to create the best possible impact
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to act independently and responsibly
- Team player and relationship builder with demonstrable ability to collaborate across teams
- Knowledge of consumer-level streaming video platforms and devices
- In addition to expertise with Research tools, highly comfortable with Google Suite of products and digital collaboration tools such as Mural or equivalent
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Cognitive Sciences, or equivalent practical experience.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Professional experience with subscription-based digital services, including but not limited to streaming audio and video
- Experience with design-thinking methodologies
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]