At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You craft a vision to inspire possibilities, and are able to create clarity in ambiguous problem spaces. You strike the right balance of delivering customer value in an experience that is desirable, feasible, and viable for Justworks. You have a strategic mindset and lean on data and insights to inform and track business goals. An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with your team members, internal and external partners, and leadership. You communicate and present to engage, inspire, and influence.
As a Justworks Staff Product Designer, you will lead design for your group and define product vision and strategy in partnership with Product Management, Engineering, and Product Marketing leaders to enable sustainable growth for Justworks and our customers through a best-in-class prospect experience and data-driven upsell experiences.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Partner with Engineering, Product Management and Product Marketing leaders to define product vision, direction, and strategy that spans product and marketing.
- Define an experience that guides customers to a suite of products that meets their needs and financial means.
- Set and raise the quality bar for design and influence through your mastery of craft and problem solving skills.
- Lead the process, end-to-end: discovery, problem definition, ideation, prototyping, and experimentation through to launch.
- Lead user research to uncover customer problems, needs, and product opportunities.
- Lead co-creation workshops with your product team, designers, and stakeholders.
- Support, mentor, and provide radically candid feedback to team members.
- Contribute to our internal design processes, practices, team culture, and design system.
As a Staff Product Designer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Creative thinking - discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- You have a minimum of 7+ years of work experience in Product Design for tech/software products, preferably SaaS products focused on B2B.
- You have experience defining customer journeys that span marketing and product
- You have experience working with customer acquisition and designing for different types of customers.
- You are a systems thinker with a proven ability to solve complex UX problems and product strategy skills to deliver quality design solutions.
- You have a deep understanding of how qualitative and quantitative research informs product and design decisions.
- You are a strong communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats depending on the need, and revise your approach.
- You set high standards for yourself and others and are able to help others meet these with a growth mindset.
- You’re an expert with the tools of the trade, and have experience contributing to token-based design systems.
- You have experience in one of the following problem spaces: healthcare, financial services, payroll, and/or people management tools.
Please Note: We believe Justworks has a responsibility to support efforts to get as many people vaccinated as possible. We’re committed to safeguarding the well-being of our employees, their families and the broader community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Because this position requires onsite work, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Justworks will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated in accordance with its obligations pursuant to applicable federal, state, provincial, and local law.Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment