SVP, Product Design at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing frictionless experiences and technology for our partners and 7+ million members.
As Head of the Design function at CLEAR, reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, you will build and define a customer obsessed culture of design within the organization that creates meaningful physical and digital user experiences. Along-side designing new and innovative experiences, this job will shape a culture and practice that delivers long-last relationships between our brand, millions of people, and the frictionless experiences they love. You will partner with Clear's senior most leadership team to push the UI and UX into innovative territory by exploring the boundaries of what is possible. Most importantly, you will help us scale a rapidly growing design team by defining CLEAR's design culture and attracting, developing and inspiring top design talent.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and inspire design managers, product designers, visual designers and researchers by fostering a learning environment that promotes continued growth and development
- You will be a key leader in establishing our product vision and help build the infrastructure we need to deliver consistent customer journeys - establishing solid foundational research practices
- Develop and enable streamlined collaboration and processes that scale across all of product, engineering, growth and marketing teams
- Drive advocacy by creating a culture of design excellence across the company
- Find opportunities to accelerate the creation and iteration of products and systems that improve how we work
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience designing consumer products at small and large, world-class design-focused companies
- 3+ years experience developing senior level team members to be effective leaders
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary product functions consisting of UI, UX, User Research, and Industrial Design teams
- Strong point-of-view and demonstrated thought leadership on human-centered, effective design practices and systems.
- Prior experience leading an industrial design function is preferred