UI Designer at Brigit
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:31 a.m. (EST) on Friday, September 18, 2020
Brigit is a financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only does Brigit help people today, but also helps them start saving for tomorrow and permanently transform their financial future. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, Brigit is able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates.
Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market. The company leverages its IP to analyze bank transaction data to empower and improve the lives of 100M underserved Americans.
Brigit is looking for a UI Designer to join our team. This person will work directly under our Head of Design and be responsible for creating UI design frameworks, graphics, website, and occasional business presentations.
This role will require applying user-centric design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and creating innovative, clean, and user-friendly designs. This person will work well under pressure to deliver concise design solutions that translate our mission.
Who You Are
- Desire and understanding to enhance and grow the design system for the app and brand
- Strong ability to design user-interface screens of our mobile and web app
- Experience with research industry-related properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
- Ability to identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user research
- Competency to effectively plan and execute all designs to fit the various screen sizes and platforms
- Understanding and ability to create and execute visually compelling representations of the high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models) for our app
- Skilled in developing screen details depicting all elements on a unique screen type, including the content, functional, and navigation specifications
What You Have
- 1-3 years of work experience (excluding internship) in a mobile product company or design agency with proven projects in mobile UI
- Candidates must be versed in user-centric design methods and techniques
- Proficient to expert in: Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams
- Prior experience in UI design for mobile devices is a strong plus
- Prior experience in Fintech design is a strong plus
- Ability to work out of our New York offices
The team at Brigit has an extensive background in finance, tech & data, with previous experience at Palantir, Deutsche Bank, and Two Sigma. The company is backed by leading equity investors including DCM, Canaan Partners, and NYCA, as well as a host of celebrities and other individual investors.
- 401k plan
- Generous PTO and sick days
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly company lunches
- Unlimited snacks
- Company happy hours
- Weekly team game nights
- Pet-friendly office
- GREAT PEOPLE
BOTTOM LINE: We're looking for curious, hardworking, down-to-earth people, who are passionate about helping hardworking Americans improve their financial lives.
Read Full Job Description