Peloton is seeking a UI Designer to create simple, elegant, and intuitive interactive interfaces for our core engagement products. These products include the Peloton Bike/Bike+, the Peloton Tread/Tread+ and the Peloton App – as well as any end-user facing products and platforms Peloton develops in the future.
Our UI Designers are asked to design for complex and functionality-dense interfaces across various ecosystems including web, mobile, TV and proprietary platforms. They must work across a vast array of interaction patterns and screen sizes.
This role is focused on visual interactive user interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how Peloton’s engagement products “look” and “feel”. Core to this role is the creation of the final “pixel-perfect” UI that Peloton Members experience. The UI Designer is charged with creating UI in a visually systematic way that ensures efficient engineering implementation, and consistent interaction patterns and visual branding across our products.
The UI Designer works directly with product managers, UX designers, user researchers, engineers, and project managers to bring features to life across Peloton Engagement platforms.
Successful candidates are self-motivated, proactive project owners, readily open to feedback and critique. They quickly output ideas in lean deliverables, and are ready to toss out most of them.
UI Design can mean something different to every organization: We hope this job description gives insight to where this role sits in the Product development process.
Note: Along with your resume, a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered. Please include any passwords.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Cultivate a deep knowledge of Peloton’s Product UI styles, patterns, and standardized elements and interactions.
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute UI design in time with your team’s software roadmap.
- Work across a variety of features with reverence to Peloton’s design system
- Work in combination with Senior and Lead designers on larger feature sets and new product design initiatives.
- Work in close partnership with the UX Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and others on your assigned worksteam to iterate towards strategic objectives and KPIs.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Design in a systematic way utilizing existing patterns and components when possible and generating views with engineering implementation and cross-platform consistency in mind.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion to enhance UI.
- Execute all UI design stages from exploration/concept to final “pixel perfect” hand-off to dev
- QA developed software for visual accuracy, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions until product launch.
- Maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the wider Product UI Design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Has 2+ Years of Software UI/interaction Design experience working on native consumer-facing apps.
- Top tier user interface and interaction design skills.
- Highly attentive to visual details.
- Focused and dedicated to how products “look” and “feel”.
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Iterative approach to product design, ensuring a unified experience across the board.
- Cognitive awareness of wider business goals, delivering intuitive and user-centered design solutions.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- Has a strong knowledge of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences.
- Familiarity with the design systems, interaction patterns, and limitations of cross functional platforms - specifically Android, iOS, and web apps.
- Proficient with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Principle and other design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working closely with engineers in an agile product development process.
- Experience building out element-based UI design libraries, style guides, and creating iconography systems.
- Bonus: Previously designed for interactive game or content experiences
- Bonus: Designed experiences on larger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.